Lookout is a cybersecurity company that makes it possible for individuals and enterprises to be both mobile and secure. With 150 million mobile sensors fueling a dataset of virtually all the mobile code in the world, the Lookout Security Cloud can identify connections that would otherwise go unseen -- predicting and stopping mobile attacks before they do harm. To learn more, visit www.lookout.com.
- Design, build and maintain high performance and low latency services that are highly available and scalable.
- Engage in product and feature design with architects and product owners.
- Conduct unit, functional, integration, and other forms of automated testing.
- Help us meet aggressive performance and scalability goals keeping us ahead of dramatic growth in the space.
- Fully participate in the ownership of your services and components, including on-call duties
- Create documentation to enable self service.
- Internal customer outreach, advocacy, and support.
- Mentor junior developers.
- Participate in on call rotation
- Excellent coding skills in Scala and/or Java.
- Experience designing, building and operating large-scale, complex highly distributed systems in AWS.
- Experience implementing highly scalable ingestion pipelines on messaging infrastructure like Kafka or Kinesis.
- Experience implementing RESTful services with APIs on a massively scalable cloud environment.
- Strong object oriented or functional design experience and ability.
- You're a quick, avid learner and a natural problem solver, and you like to get things done at a fast pace.
- Experience with test driven development.
- Skilled at troubleshooting – you appreciate the value of testing and can resolve the trickiest of issues, and take the initiative to pitch in and help as issues arise.
- Significant experience with operating production systems and being on on-call rotation
- Experience working on Agile teams.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field/degree, and/or equivalent work experience
- Experience with functional programming a huge plus.
- Experience working with large scale ingestion and query pipeline of operational data.
- Experience working with Git, Jenkins, Jira,
- Experience working with containers.
- Experience with distributed processing frameworks like Akka and Spark.
- Experience with serverless architectures on AWS, like AWS Lambda.
- Experience/expertise with the following stores - DynamoDB, ElasticSearch, Redis, Cassandra, Aurora.