At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $6 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. Our vision is to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
Remitly is hiring a Head of Business Management, DACH to join our team in helping to grow our European business. We are looking for an experienced, commercially minded, and entrepreneurial individual to join our team in Europe to drive growth in our core and emerging corridors. You will be developing and executing strategies across product, marketing, customer service and other functions and working with European and global functional teams.
This position will be based in Berlin, reporting to the VP of Europe.
- Strategy - Own ongoing views about competition, market and customer trends, co-own competitive strategy within specific corridors.
- Analytics - Drive complex customer and market analysis to derive insights and develop strategic and executional plans across marketing, product, customer service, analytics and other functions. Own send corridors key metrics and deliverables in line with European strategic plans.
- Business Management Execution - Translate European strategy into specific corridor goals for all required actions across marketing, product, analytics and customer service requirements; work closely with the functions on action planning, execution, control, results evaluation and reiteration.
- Business Development - Identify & develop new business opportunities and strategic partnerships.
- P&L - Co-own customer funnel conversion and key business unit metrics and goals with the European senior management and global key functions and help drive the local teams and the global stakeholders to perform towards achievement, while adhering to group ethics and values.
- Be a Partner - Be an influential champion of the region/corridor related activities and plans. Be an active and inclusive member of the Remitly Europe team: take the lead on corridor initiatives and projects as needed, share best practices, collaborate and support work areas in other regions and functions.
- Operations - Help drive operational excellence across all business areas, as well as organizational and business efficiencies to drive sustainable achievement of financial goals through effective partnering within the European office and global matrix.
- Provide constructive feedback to all functions in support of continuous talent development.
- 7+ years of work experience in fast paced and entrepreneurial environments. Ideal candidate backgrounds could be:
- Analytical individuals with stakeholder management experience, who are interested in making a transition to consumer FinTech roles.
- Technical individuals interested in making a transition to business roles.
- Individuals with prior experience in strategy consulting, investment banking, private equity, venture capital, consumer tech, eCommerce, or FinTech is preferable, but not required.
- The individual must be extremely motivated and curious in wanting to understand the Remitly customer, and translate those learnings into strategies.
- Experience in working in setting an online business strategy and execution by combination of strategy/positioning, traffic acquisition programs, brand development work and product conversion improvement.
- Highly analytical and methodical in approaching problem solving. The individual must be metric focused and would feel at home in a company that embraces a test-and-learn culture and data driven decision making.
- You must be highly proficient in modeling and have a strong grasp of drivers and mechanics for high transaction volume businesses such as payments, FinTech, Ecommerce, gaming, and the like. While you will be working with a team of analysts for data deep dives, you should be sufficiently data independent to do your own analysis when armed with the raw data.
- Performance management experience with proven success in international, fast growth environments is desired. Matrixed and cross border experience is helpful.
- Experienced in managing stakeholders and contributors across several international teams.
- An MBA or graduate degree in a quantitative discipline is preferable, but not required.
- Fluency in a second or third language, specifically German would be very valuable and preferred.
Who We Are:
Remitly is an independent digital remittance company that transfers over $6 billion in annualized volume through its proprietary global money transfer network across Africa, Asia, Central, and South America. Its reliable and easy-to-use mobile app makes the process of sending money faster, easier, more transparent and less costly by eliminating the forms, codes, agents, extra time and fees typical of the traditional, century-old money transfer process. Remitly is backed by industry-leading investors, World Bank's International Finance Corporation (IFC), Naspers' PayU, Silicon Valley Bank, Stripes Group, DFJ, DN Capital, QED Investors, Trilogy Equity Partners, Bezos Expeditions, Founders' Co-Op, and TomorrowVentures. The company is headquartered in Seattle, with additional offices in London, the Philippines, and Nicaragua. For more information, visit remitly.com
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Remitly is an eVerify Employer.
Remitly EU Job Candidate Privacy Notice