At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $6 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
We are seeking a leader who will oversee a newly created function on our finance team. This leader will be tasked with building the technical and human foundations of our financial planning & reporting systems as well as ongoing management of Operating expenses, management financial reporting and people analytics.
As a leader on the FP&A team, you are passionate about data infrastructure, management, and analysis. You know how to architect and scale financial planning & reporting systems, and have a knack for looking around corners and thinking through use cases. You will also be leading all management financial reporting, as well as internal support for all OPEX and investments. At the end of the day your job is constructing the human and data systems to generate valuable insights enable us to continue to grow rapidly and in a well managed way. This role reports to the VP - Finance
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Manage and develop a talented team of financial and technical analysts
- Develop a scalable financial planning and reporting platform that integrates with the Global ERP system and other internal tools and prepares our Monthly Reporting Package for Executive level review
- Implement and administer budgeting and headcount management framework
- Lead the architecture of systems to make ongoing efforts easier and more accurate for end users on your team as well as partners across the organization
- Build philosophies around more complicated processes such as allocations, department structures, and other processes that are critical to be well managed at scale
- Partner with executives and other leaders across the company through budgeting, headcount/Opex management, and management financial reporting
- Identify opportunities to drive operational efficiencies and other business opportunities
- Proactively identify and communicate gaps, with an eye towards building a finance program that can operate at scale
- Help drive finance discipline, fact-based decision-making, and financial visibility
- Assist in preparation of materials for Board of Directors and current/ prospective investors
- Identify and execute on process and tool improvements to improve team effectiveness
- Lead People-Analytics in partnership with our HR team, with a focus on recruiting, compensation, and headcount budgeting
Experience & Skills:
- At least 8-10 years of professional experience - and a proven track record - in a quantitative, financial, or management consulting role
- Exceptional financial modeling and analytical skills
- Deep budgeting and forecasting experience
- Not afraid of getting technical: familiarity VBA, SQL, etc. preferred, willingness to dive in and learn new technologies a must
- 3+ years of people management experience
- Strong planning, organized, interpersonal, analytical and lateral thinking skills.
- Self-starter with a knack for streamlining process; eager to learn, ability to be flexible in constantly changing and growing business
- Ability to build strong relationships with leaders across the organization, relying on both formal and informal processes to drive results
- Understands the limits of data, and can exercise judgment to make trade-offs between timeliness and accuracy of analysis; can synthesize the “so what”
- Able to translate data into meaningful insights and practical recommendations to inform and influence business decisions
- Preference for experience in a dynamic, high growth environment and in technology or payments
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or a related field is a plus
- Experience with planning tools not required, but is a plus
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Remitly is an eVerify Employer.