As an Engineering Program Manager, you will engage with an experienced inter-disciplinary team to design and build innovative B2B Telecom Portal Software products. You will work closely with the team to drive key aspects of product definition, execution, test and delivery. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within a fast-paced environment.
The Engineering Program Manager is responsible for coordinating all technical activities of assigned programs. This responsibility includes planning, scheduling, and managing personnel and engineering work to ensure effective coordination and release of projects. You will work with the product owner to derive the product requirements and obtain executive approval. The Engineering Program Manager will drive and motivate the cross-functional team to deliver the product(s) as per the agreed-to requirements.
The Engineering Program Manager must possess sufficient technical knowledge of their programs to identify problems, provide guidance to staff, and be sure the work product fulfills requirements. Additionally, the Engineering Program Manager is responsible for monitoring engineering work for compliance to industry standards, company practices, quality standards, and customer specifications.
• Drive optimization and process improvements between product, delivery, design, operations, and development teams.
• Drive release planning for programs, providing guidance to teams and supporting sprint plans that promote team productivity and program success.
• Identify, assess, and address program impediments and risks, including proper escalation as needed.
• Manage dependencies with other programs within the portfolio and with other portfolios.
• Manage appropriate Scrum of Scrums sessions to establish inter-dependencies, identify issues, and track to success.
• Work with product and functional owners to secure and align cross-functional, cross-domain delivery teams.
• Hold development team accountable to committed development process, scope, estimates, and release schedule.
• Develop and train engineers in testing protocols and quality control measures.
• Manage the overall release calendar to ensure all code is ready to deploy per internal and external agreements.
• Define and analyze metrics that measure and benchmark success.
• Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders.
• Keep program artifacts up to date and manage project document repository.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to use business knowledge, sound judgment, and resourcefulness to manage and deploy highly reliable and sustainable technology solutions.
• Strong negotiation skills in all mediums and throughout all levels of the organization.
• Strong problem-solving skills, able to prioritize among many conflicting needs, advocate a course of action, and pursue it consistently – but flexible and responsive to dynamic situations.
• Applies knowledge of business principles and technology practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional activities.
• Ability to establish cross-functional, collaborative relationships with business and technology partners.
• Strong analytic skills and technical aptitude.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, experience writing and organizing clear, actionable user documentation.
• Ability to influence others without authority to get things done in a timely fashion.
• Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
• Working knowledge of systems development lifecycle and IT operations.
• Ability to work flex hours to support international markets.
Summary of Experience
• Progressive experience in managing and delivering technical products and solutions on a large scale or across a portfolio of products. (5 – 7 years)
• Experience working in a technical environment. (5 – 7 years)
• Experience as a program manager within a technology environment, with a record of successfully delivering complex products and services. (5 – 7 years)
• Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience.