SUMMARY: The Senior Manager of Content & Community helps build Owlet’s brand through coordinating, creating and publishing meaningful content. The Senior Manager of Content & Community works with team members to ensure deadlines are met and content meets quality guidelines. They are responsible for key content partnerships and growth-driving initiatives. The Senior Manager of Content & Community must be creative, adaptable, self-motivated and have desire to do good.
- Lead the editorial execution of stories, features, product launches and content partnerships.
- Assist in the storytelling of the Owlet brand and its products.
- Create content that appeals to new and expecting parents.
- Conceptualize, build, edit, and publish content that drives sales.
- Draft landing pages, press releases, POP and app messaging and other customer facing content.
- Create content for Facebook, Instagram and other paid initiatives.
- Use data and analytics to refine content creation processes.
- Maintain and update approved marketing language for internal and external use.
- Write, edit & produce content for blog, social media and emails.
- Coordinate with & assist senior leadership with creating content.
- Manage, track and coordinate content production with influencers.
- Create Asana tasks for various marketing projects.
- Work on several projects at once with tight deadlines.
- Proofread copy to check spelling and grammar.
- Hire and manage content freelancers, influencers, and contractors.
- Contribute to content strategy planning.
- Copy, edit and proofread other corporate written materials as needed.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3-5 Years of Relevant Communications Experience
- 1-2 Years of Copywriting Experience
- College degree or equivalent Copywriting Advertising/Social experience preferred
- Proficiency in social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter)
- Strong time-management, writing and communication skills
- Experience in front-facing communication
- Works well in a fast-paced startup environment
PREFERRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Basic Knowledge of Facebook Advertising
- Basic Knowledge of Public Relations
- Experience building “evergreen” content
- Google Analytics
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite
- Owlet employees participate in quarterly evaluations that include:
- Performance feedback
- Behavioral feedback
- Training and development opportunities
- Manager feedback
- Flex Time
- Paid Holidays
- Benefits Package (Medical/LTD/STD/Life), Employer HSA Contribution
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Product discounts
Owlet Baby Care, Inc. is the equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.