Lookout is a cybersecurity company that makes it possible for individuals and enterprises to be both mobile and secure. With 100 million mobile sensors fueling a dataset of virtually all the mobile code in the world, the Lookout Security Cloud can identify connections that would otherwise go unseen -- predicting and stopping cyber attacks before they do harm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C. To learn more, visit www.lookout.com.
With a massive mobile security dataset and over 100 granted patents, Lookout’s security platform, the Lookout Security Cloud, supports a wide range of Lookout products and services and forms the backbone of Lookout’s value and competitive advantages in the cybersecurity market.
About the position
The UX Researcher is an individual contributor on the Product Management team at Lookout. Your primary responsibility will be to support the new product development in collaboration with the product managers and research team. Vital contributions include managing and automating research processes, recruiting research participants, scheduling research sessions, managing our data storehouse, creating research outcome content such as video clips and newsletters, facilitation design workshops, and assisting in everyday research and innovation activities. The ideal candidate is passionate about the voice of the user, building innovative products, and cultivates continuous learning, while being able to communicate effectively and persuasively. You will be given every opportunity to grow as a product thinker as you learn the practice from the ground up. This is a contract position.
In this role, you’ll
- Be a strategic partner to a variety of product managers, fellow designers, and engineers to identify relevant research needs
- Plan and organize user research activities and sessions for new projects and suggest and execute UX research initiatives that enable teams to make more informed and confident decisions.
- Manage and automate existing manual processes around all research activities.
- Collaborate with researchers, designers, and product managers to understand their research study needs, maintain constant communication on recruiting progress and meet their specified goals in a timely manner.
- Coordinate the logistics of user research, including research participant recruitment and scheduling.
- Manage all email communication with research participants and product team members including scheduling meetings for research sessions.
- Grow the directory of customer participants who opt-in to research.
- Create research outcome content (video clips, newsletters, slide decks, and more)
- Facilitate research sessions in collaboration with the product team and key stakeholders including, designers, product managers, and engineers.
- Experience with delivering research projects: You understand what it takes to develop and conduct complex research projects with an emphasis on quality and craft.
- Experience with recruiting participants for research studies and research operations.
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally with minimal supervision.
- Business strategy in your blood and you prioritize, design and align research projects with business needs and goals.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- A user-centered perspective and approach to research and design.
- Experience with database technology, including queries and reporting.
- Experience with video editing, software/product development process, statistics, remote testing tools (UserTesting.com, Validately, etc), a plus
- Interest in and familiarity with technology products, a plus
- BA/BS or MA/MS in Human-Computer Interaction, Design Research, Cognitive Science, Psychology, or related field or equivalent work experience
- Organized, detail-oriented and able to work independently on multiple projects at once
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Client/customer-facing experience.
- 2+ years of professional experience: Tech, design agency, design consulting, or UX research backgrounds all qualify.