HR Business Partner
International remittance company, Remitly.com, is seeking a seasoned HR Business Partner to help scale our operations in Mandaluyong City, Philippines. Our Mandaluyong City team is the touch point with our customers and for mitigating risk. We are faced with a very exciting period where our growth is rapid, performance standards are high and we have a clear opportunity to help shape the e-payments landscape. We are looking for exceptional people willing to roll up their sleeves in a fast paced technology start-up and be part of the disruption.
The HR Business Partner will report directly to the Senior HR Business Partner and play a critical role in partnership with the Site Leader to create and implement an organizational structure deigned to scale and execute on key items such as job scoping, compensation strategies and employee retention. Day-to-day duties include managing personnel issues, sourcing talent, payroll and policy adherence.
In this role you will:
- Partner with Senior Management and Leadership Team to identify HR organizational needs and develop, deliver and monitor programs to support the business requirements.
- Help design salary structure according to the market
- Be responsible for employee communication (organizational announcements, policy roll out, announcements, etc.)to Managers and Front-LineLeadership
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations and administrative hearing.
- Provide general HR support and consultation to internal stakeholders
- Manage the life cycle of employees from on-boarding to off-boarding
- Participate in evaluation and monitoring of development programs to ensure success. Follow up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Drive and help initiate activities on employee engagement.
- Be responsible for the end to end life-cycle management and guiding unit HR for sourcing and hiring strategies, performance management, compensation etc.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counselling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Assist in reviewing Performance Appraisal and Annual Increase in assigned business units
- Implement effective HR policies to ensure all practices are in compliance with Philippine labor and employment regulations.
Successful candidates should possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, HR, or Psychology
- 3-5 years of experience in HR Business Partner or HR Operations role(s), preferably within a matrixed, global environment
- Must thrive in an ambiguous environment and be incredibly proactive
- Self-starter, resourceful, creative and capable of handling multiple projects at a time
- Can-do, collaborative working style with attention to detail
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
Remitly Cultural Competencies:
- Aim for the stars
- Constructively direct
- Be an empathetic partner
- Hire and develop exceptional people
- Don’t be afraid to fail
- Continuously improve
- Data driven
- Be an owner
- Be transparent
- Act with integrity
- Deliver on promises
- Bias for action
- Sweat the details
- Customer centricity
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.