Do you want to design and grow your role at a fast growing technology startup?
Are you passionate about meeting prospective enterprise customers to gather perceptions and opinions, so Educative can develop the Go-To-Market plan for our enterprise offerings?
Do you want to be an integral contributor in building an enterprise sales strategy and function?
If you answered yes, the Account Executive (AE) role may be right for you.
The AE is responsible for attaining key data to qualify prospects, generate “sales ready” qualified opportunities, and close new business.
Your role is integral for company growth and you will help drive the future of the company by contributing to the improvement of products and services, and participating in / leading business development initiatives
You’ll also have the freedom to make Educative better every day. To see your ideas in action.
Educative cultivates a community of developers where they can learn and share their knowledge - through interactive coding courses - to maximize their economic opportunity.
We provide online training courses for developers to learn new technologies. Our platform includes pre-configured interactive environments. This allows learners to practice their new skills right away with no additional set up on their machines. The courses weave in quizzes and coding challenges that adapt the course content to the learner’s skill level, and the test code can even be deployed so the learner can see what he/she has built. This is a far cry from the all too common one-size-fits-all video monologues.
In this role, you will:
- Contribute to development of enterprise sales strategy that aligns with company goals
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to company leadership team and other company functions
- Collaborate with executive team to identify opportunities for growth
- Create, maintain, and ensure timely execution of the marketing and sales research plans for enterprise offerings
- Lead the discovery process to uncover, define, and refine value proposition, pricing structure, and buyer persona
- Establish professional effective working relationships throughout company functions to meet and anticipate customer requirements
- Assist in designing and building enterprise sales team to meet established sales targets
- Contribute to defining and implementing sales processes and infrastructure that drive desired sales outcomes
- Generate qualified sales leads through outbound prospecting activities
- Understand the needs of target prospects and articulate the Educative product value
- Develop a detailed understanding of Educative products and marketing messaging to effectively and persuasively demonstrate the product and articulate the value proposition in a clear and compelling way
- Work closely with the marketing team to develop new ways to increase awareness of Educative’s products; and improve the lead qualification process
- Manage relationships to drive sales with key end users and develop business with other high potential accounts and prospects
- Consistently meet and exceed activity goals to build a fruitful pipeline that will provide consistent quota attainment
- Handle objections and utilize cross-functional assistance and sales techniques to effectively close opportunities
- Highly motivated with proven track record of thriving in an entrepreneurial environment
- At least 5 years outbound prospecting and sales experience (within a software/high tech company is a plus)
- Be Bold – You set bold goals that require you to consistently work outside of your comfort zone and display intense commitment, confidence and focus.
- Bias for action – You make decisions quickly and take action even when you’re not sure what the outcome is going to be, or even if your plan isn’t completely bulletproof.
- Act like an owner – You take ownership for each decision and deliver results with the right quality in a timely fashion, knowing that your actions have a direct impact upon Educative’s success.
- Relationships matter – You build strong, trusting relationships so that we succeed together.
- Open and transparent communication – You communicate clearly, consistently and constructively. You share ideas and knowledge, and collaborate towards common goals.
- Keep it simple – You peel away layers of complexity to achieve resourcefulness, self-sufficiency and invention.
- Grow and learn - You believe that it is important to constantly challenge and stretch yourself; and feel like you are growing or learning. You thrive in an incredibly dynamic environment.