Owlet is looking for a VP of Engineering to lead our product development engineering team. Specifically, this role leads the hardware, firmware, and software engineering teams to create consumer-facing products, services, features, and functionality.
The VP of Engineering is driven by creating a world-class team of talented engineers. They personally embody Owlet’s Core Values and are experts in recruiting, assessing, and developing technology talent.
This is an Owlet executive team member role with significant business impact. This person takes the lead on making sure technology is central to Owlet’s product and business strategy.
This person has a history of delivering on-time, quality solutions. They have a deep understanding of the entire technology stack. They have shown they can quickly apply their technology background to solving customer opportunities and standing out from our competitors. This person demands excellence in product development practices.
- Recruit, manage, and develop a world-class engineering team
- Assess the time it will take to deliver products and features
- Deliver quality releases on schedule
- Determine and implement best practices in product development
- Ensure engineering and test best practices are followed, resulting in high velocity and quality
- Make key decisions on what technologies to invest in, and how to best apply them
- History of recruiting and developing world-class engineering teams
- History in managing a team of engineering managers
- Demonstrated record in building high-quality consumer-facing hardware and software products
- Deep knowledge of full engineering stack, technical design and architecture
- Ability to implement and scale culture over multiple teams
- History of putting in place best-in-class engineering processes
- Personal passion for Owlet's mission
- Bring clarity, infuse energy, and find a way to get things done
- Passionate about the craft and discipline of world-class product engineering
- Comfortable making tough decisions, expert at problem-solving
- Willing to engage conflict to identify best outcomes
- 10+ years design/implementation experience in large-scale, highly available systems
- Strong technical breadth of knowledge across mobile, platform, firmware, and hardware
- Strong knowledge of mobile architectures on Android and iOS
- Experience designing and implementing cloud-native applications for AWS or GCP
- Experience in building consumer-facing connected devices
Owlet Baby Care, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.