Remitly is the largest independent digital remittance company in the United States. Our vision is to become the world’s most customer centric payments company, enabling remittance across international borders. Our Capacity Planning and Workforce team is a critical part in our company vision and success shaping the e-payments landscape.
We are looking for exceptional people who are willing to roll up their sleeves in a fast-paced technology start-up and be part of the disruption. The successful candidate must excel as a self-starter and strive for reporting excellence and comprehensive analysis within our Customer Support and Risk Operations teams.
The successful candidate will focus on generating metrics, identifying root causes of issues, highlighting opportunities for broad spanning improvements and making recommendations to assist the company in developing meaningful business solutions and operational improvements. This position is based in Managua, Nicaragua.
- Lead the idealization, creation and launch of KPIs used to drive operational excellence.
- Define, retrieve, and analyze large data-sets using SQL, Excel, and other technologies to drive and define operational solutions and approaches.
- Quickly comprehend the business function's process, systems and underlying data.
- Translate complex data into information that can be easily consumed by leadership to support business decisions.
- Serve as the primary owner of operational data, ensuring its validity, integrity and accuracy.
- Maintain the in house Remitly Ops portal for Managua Team.
- Support capacity planning and headcount requirements through analytical modeling.
- Support cross-functional teams with ad-hoc day-to-day queries, specific data requests and general data analysis.
- Lead and support data validations and deep dives.
- Support project efforts with data requirements to help ensure successful product launches.
- Work and communicate effectively with Remitly's internal teams such as Marketing, Compliance, Fraud, Product, Finance, Data Analytics, Engineering and Operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical, business, or analytical field (Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering or related field).
- At least 2 year(s) of work experience in a Data Analytics related role.
- Proven data mining and analytical skills using various tools such as SQL (PostgreSQL, MySQL), Java, Java Script, Json, Restfull API.
- Advanced experience in Excel (Macros and VBA scripting).
- Experience in extracting, transforming and loading (ETL) data from source systems to data analytics platform(s) and reports.
- Experience in analyzing different types of data to support business needs and present the results in concise visualization formats.
- Detail oriented, independent and able to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Has an inquisitive mind and proactivity to challenge the norms.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Engaging and influencing stakeholders.
- Adaptable to various stakeholders, business models and projects.
Minimum Requirements: Advanced SQL, JAVA, JAVA Script, GitHub.
Python, R & Tableau is a plus