At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $6 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. Our vision is to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
The Fraud Prevention team is looking for a talented and experienced product manager to be a core member of Remitly's fraud prevention team. This is a new position. In this role, you will focus on deploying new fraud technologies and product features with a constant eye towards improving the customer experience. Remitly is largest independent money transmitter in the world. Help us grow even faster while keeping would-be fraudsters away.
As a Product Manager, you will:
- Work directly with engineers and analysts. You're part of a team of software engineers and analysts that can roll out new functionality in a matter of weeks, not months. If you can identify high impact product changes, we'll get them launched. On this team, you're not going to submit a project request to a 3-year backlog that dies in backlog grooming.
- Identify customer needs to define product requirements. Be the connector for product, engineering, analytics, and business operations through the entire project lifecycle. You'll need to gather requirements, develop and track project milestones, estimate work efforts and manage competing priorities.
- Lead complex, multi-disciplinary product and engineering projects. You understand the full complexity of product decisions. You can effectively advocate for new features beyond "Wouldn't it be cool if…". You can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans. Beyond launching new changes, you obsess about continuous product improvement.
- Drive projects to completion, on time.You highlight risks and clearly communicate those risks to stakeholders. You identify blockers and facilitate the removal of those blockers. You manage communication of progress/status with our team, other project stakeholders, and senior leaders when necessary.
- Scope technical requirements. You don't take someone else's word for it. You're inquisitive and feel comfortable asking engineers technical questions about architecture and product decisions alike. (No, you don't have to write code in this position). You can estimate work efforts, prioritize projects across a team's competing demands, and remove blockers / dependencies to keep the team on track.
- Relentless. You don't wait for someone to tell you what to do when you get to work Monday morning. You have a personal view on what needs to happen for your product to improve and why. You do whatever it takes to make your product and team successful, whether that means writing a QA plan or hunting down the root cause of a user's frustration.
- Comfortable wearing multiple hats. Some teams have a product manager to think about big ideas and a technical manager to figure out implementation details and drive the project to completion. But you can do both, right? We operate in small teams to launch projects launched, and it's usually more interesting for everyone involved. Note: You don't have to wear actual hats to do this job.
- Thoughtful. You can balance big picture ideas against small detail so that the team can deliver complex and cross-functional projects, often with tight timelines. You're equally at home explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to stakeholders as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers. You are not afraid to be tough, but you strive to act with empathy and integrity.
- Energetic. You continually exhibit high energy and an ability to stay positive under pressure. Must be a self-starter but able to work independently, as well as work in a team-oriented and fast paced environment.
- A truth seeker. You ask why, and you question every assumption. If you've ever said "oh, I just did it that way because Important Person said so." You won't do well here. We need you to probe assumptions, question the status boundaries and questioning the status quo. You identify issues that before they arise during design and implementation, and in post-production.
- 2-4 years of experience managing cross-functional engineering projects at a fast-paced, high-growth environment in any industry
- High energy, a can-do attitude with willingness to do what it takes to get things done
- An analytical and metrics driven work style. You break down questions and concerns methodically to solve problems an organized way.
- Project planning skills, an eye for details, and time management skills . You will be balancing multiple concurrent projects and responding to ad hoc requests.
- Product management experience at startups and large consumer internet / technology companies
- Strong communication skills - both in writing and in meetings, including with senior leaders. People understand what you're talking about.
- Knowledge of payments systems or experience with consumer or business financing or payment risk controls
- A strong grasp SQL as it pertains to analytics -- complex joins, temp tables, CTEs, views, window functions, etc. -- but does not need to be a DBA or engineer. You should be comfortable manipulating data in SQL.
- Experience in online credit, lending, risk management, and payments is helpful.
- Knowledge of Accounting, Reconciliation and SOX compliance
Who we are:
Remitly is an independent digital remittance company that transfers over $6 billion in annualized volume through its proprietary global money transfer network across Africa, Asia, Central, and South America. Its reliable and easy-to-use mobile app makes the process of sending money faster, easier, more transparent and less costly by eliminating the forms, codes, agents, extra time and fees typical of the traditional, century-old money transfer process. Remitly is backed by industry-leading investors, World Bank's International Finance Corporation (IFC), Naspers' PayU, Silicon Valley Bank, Stripes Group, DFJ, DN Capital, QED Investors, Trilogy Equity Partners, Bezos Expeditions, Founders' Co-Op, and TomorrowVentures. The company is headquartered in Seattle, with additional offices in London, the Philippines, and Nicaragua. For more information, visit remitly.com.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Remitly is an eVerify Employer.