The Payroll and Accounts Payable Specialist, in the Operational Accounting Program (OAP), is the primary person responsible for preparation, processing and maintenance of the payroll and a partner with our Accounts Payable Specialist. This person is responsible for ensuring satisfaction for employees and vendors impacted by these processes. The Payroll and Accounts Payable Specialist Reports directly to the Operational Accounting Manager.
Payroll - 75%
- Process complex multi-state payroll, using Namely payroll service
- Initiate international payroll with 3rd party service providers in the UK and Ireland
- Collection and validation of payroll inputs; including time records, bonuses, and deductions
- Provide proactive recommendations for the development and implementation of improved payroll controls and processes
- Maintain a payroll calendar to ensure others in the organization are aware of important payroll deadlines
- Respond to payroll related inquiries from employees as the Company’s payroll expert
- Ensure payroll transactions are processed correctly for time, earnings, benefits, deductions, taxes, garnishments and other items that affect pay and/or company liability
- Ensure compliance with international, state and local withholding requirements
- Remit and reconcile contributions with 3rd party service providers
- Assist HR group with 401k audit
- Prepare payroll related journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations as required
- Assist in global taxation matters for ex-pat employees.
Accounts Payable - 25%
- Review purchase requests, purchase orders, and accounts payable invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to posting invoices and processing payments in NetSuite & Concur
- Act as backup to Accounts Payable Specialist in processing a weekly payment run (check, ACH, wire) for both domestic and international vendors
- Reconcile vendor statements, respond to vendor inquiries, and research and resolve discrepancies
- Prepare a reconciliation of accounts payable at month-end
- Maintain vendor information, including W-9’s, and assist in the year-end 1099 issuance and reporting
- Assemble support for payment processing and maintain vendor files for audit support
- Bachelor’s degree required, degree in Accounting strongly preferred
- 5+ years of experience processing payroll
- Working knowledge of Wage and Hour requirements and Taxation requirements
- International payroll exposure preferred
- Certified Payroll Professional designation preferred
- Exposure to Namely and NetSuite preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Oral and written communication skills to interact with upper levels of management
Who we are:
Remitly is the largest independent digital remittance company headquartered in the United States, transferring over $6 billion in annualized volume from its customers in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, and Australia to loved ones throughout the world. The company’s proprietary global transfer network includes its easy-to-use mobile app, which makes the process of sending money faster, easier, more transparent and less costly by eliminating the forms, codes, agents, extra time and fees typical of the traditional, century-old money transfer process. Remitly is backed by industry-leading investors, World Bank’s International Finance Corporation (IFC), Naspers’ PayU, Silicon Valley Bank, Stripes Group, DFJ, DN Capital, QED Investors, Trilogy Equity Partners, Bezos Expeditions, Founders’ Co-Op, and TomorrowVentures. The company is headquartered in Seattle, with additional offices in London, the Philippines, and Nicaragua. For more information, visit remitly.com.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Remitly is an eVerify Employer.