Are you ready to work for a high-growth company making a huge impact in the lives of parents and babies around the world? Owlet Baby Care, the award-winning startup that transformed the baby industry in 2015 with its first-of-its-kind Smart Sock baby monitor, is looking for a Director of Product Marketing. This exciting role will help shape and cultivate product go-to-market strategies, proving to parents why Owlet dominates the baby industry.
After creating its own category within infant health, Owlet became widely recognized by top tech experts, pediatricians and hundreds of thousands of parents looking for a solution to keeping their babies safe and happy through technology. Owlet is now looking for someone with a passion for baby wellness to drive revenue growth and to continue positioning the company as the leader in the smart nursery space. You will be a key leader to bring its mission of providing the right information at the right time to parents everywhere.
You will also have the unique opportunity of working on up and coming, category-creating products, including the new Owlet Band pregnancy monitor. This pregnancy tracker is another first-of-its-kind category creation that has won two distinctive awards at the 2019 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) for Best Wearable and Tech to Change the World.
- Be the “mini-CMO” for the Sock and Cam products
- Represent the customer and market (including customer journey and target personas/segments) generated from consumer and competitive insights
- Build the product positioning, value proposition, messaging, competitive differentiation, and go-to-market strategy for Owlet’s product lines - Sock and Cam and eventually new innovative products
- Conduct research to identify consumer insights around life events and triggers for changing consumer needs. Use these insights to create a compelling narrative and shape the customer journey for Sock and Cam
- Constantly assess competitive market and create plans to mitigate competitive threats
- Work with marketing channel owners (SEM, SEO, Web, LCM, Social, Retail etc) and the creative team to optimize the channel mix and deliver breakthrough campaigns that boost awareness and acquisition for Sock and Cam
- Own setting and achieving customer acquisition targets and supporting marketing budgets in partnership with marketing channel owners and finance
- Work with Product Management and Customer Care to create a seamless experience, removing pain points and boosting conversion. Be your customers’ advocate.
- Understand and report on changes to the broader market context including market shifts, competitive threats, market size, and external factors.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 8-12 years relevant marketing experience, preferably in consumer product marketing, with quantifiable revenue responsibility
- Strategy and Execution: Combine strategic thinking with tactical execution to drive customer acquisition through diverse channels
- Customer Research: Conduct quantitative and qualitative customer research and distill it into actionable insights
- Analytics: Use data to drive strategy, execution, and optimization
- Storytelling: Passion for crafting a compelling story that drives people to action
- Self-Starting: Eagerness to roll up your sleeves to get things done (even the unglamourous things)
- Flexibility: Problem-solve in a fast-paced, self-driven environment
- Growth: Proven track record of building budgets and programs that support efficient growth
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA encouraged to apply
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Flexible schedules
- Paid holidays
- Product discounts
- 401(k) program
- Eligible for company-sponsored benefits package 1st day of the month, following your hire date
Owlet Baby Care, Inc. is the equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.