Lookout is a cybersecurity company for the post-perimeter, cloud-first, mobile-first world. Powered by the largest dataset of mobile code in existence, the Lookout Security Cloud provides visibility into the entire spectrum of mobile risk. Lookout is trusted by hundreds of millions of individual users, enterprises and government agencies and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Apple and others. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, India, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C. To learn more, visit www.lookout.com and follow Lookout on its blog, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
About the team
Lookout is looking for a talented and experienced Pre Sales Engineer, based in Sydney. You will be responsible for building and maintaining positive relationships with new and existing customers in the ANZ region.
What will you do?
- You will assist Sales with pipeline generation and development
- You will create deep ongoing relationships at multiple levels within customer and partner organizations.
- You will represent customer interests internally, most importantly balancing Lookout’s interests with that of the customer
- You will deliver technical training to partners when required
- You will maintain an awareness of the competition and position the capabilities of Lookout Security products with the customer to define RFP requirements
- You will aid in the response to RFIs and RFPs in a timely and professional manner
- You will assist technically with Proof of Technology and Proof of Concepts in customer environments
- You will communicate customer requirements and competitive data, including feature needs, and value proposition to the product and marketing teams and senior management
- You will provide input to senior management on go-to-market strategies
- You will work with post-sales functions to ensure successful customer deployments
- You will build the Lookout Security brand by representing and / or presenting at seminars and conferences
- A solid system/sales engineer with excellent relevant experience, strong ties with customers and a positive reputation for delivery.
- 5+ years of direct sales engineering experience with customers in the ANZ region.
- Experience in some or all of mobility, endpoint security, cloud / SaaS
- Excellent presentation and communication skills and the ability to boil down complex topics into clear and easily understandable messages
- Willingness to build your own knowledge of mobile security and to present Lookout’s thought leadership into the market.
- Proven hands-on technical experience that can translate into delivery of customer facing live demos
- Confidence and gravitas when representing Lookout on technical panels and delivering presentations to prospective customers
- Great organisational skills with a desire to take ownership, self-manage and prioritise accordingly.
- Ability to plan and execute on technical sales strategies and communicate effectively on results
- Experience in working with Channel Partners.
- Excellent analytical skills and a creative approach to solving customer problems.
What do we offer?
- The chance to be a part of a great team and make an impact
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace