At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $6 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. Our vision is to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products in the world. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every single day.
The Remitly IT team’s mission is to support and enable our employees to function at full capacity by:
- Providing consistent and reliable support for our tools and equipment.
- Creating a secure and frictionless environment for Remitly to operate in.
- Facilitating continued growth with clear and concise, standardized processes and procedures.
As IT Manager at Remitly you are a leader - responsible for managing and directing Remitly’s IT engineers through influence. You are experienced in leading IT teams and enjoy the challenges of supporting an organization with 24x7 responsibilities. You will partner with Operations, Facilities, Security, Engineering, and other teams to build a world-class IT organization centered around empowering employees to perform their jobs without friction.
This position is located in Manila and will report to the Global IT Manager.
- 6+ years IT Infrastructure and Support experience in a compliant/regulated industry
- 4+ years leading high-performing technology teams focused on people-centered leadership
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Managing IT staff by recruiting and training IT specialists, communicating job expectations, and monitoring performance
- Assuring all IT activities are performed within the parameters of applicable laws, codes, and adhering to internal policies and regulations
- Evaluating technology risks in order to develop a network disaster recovery plan and backup procedures
- Expert knowledge of core network technologies and concepts (Routers/Switches, Firewalls, DHCP, DNS, etc.)
- Strong experience supporting Windows servers and macOS in the workplace
- Familiarity with physical and digital security best practices
- Experience managing and supporting AWS environments
- Experience configuring and managing wireless corporate networks including physical switch and router configurations
- Hands on experience managing all of the following: Active Directory (on premise), G Suite / Google Apps, Office 365, Slack, Zoom, and other similar enterprise tools
- Ability to effectively influence, negotiate, and communicate with internal and external business partners, contractors and vendors to get things done
- Experience managing and negotiating license/software agreements for new tools
- Fluent in English (verbal and written).
- Project Management experience.
- 3+ years experience managing tools development software engineering teams
- Hands-on scripting or automation experience - PowerShell and/or Python a plus
- Experience managing new office build-outs.