Ripl (www.Ripl.com) is passionate about helping small businesses grow by enabling them to leverage the magic of beautiful branded content marketing campaigns on social media to generate awareness and sales for their business. We are seeking to hire a Vice President to lead the Product team as a “player/coach” in order to help us fulfill this mission.
As Ripl’s VP of Product, you will manage the Ripl Product Management team to constantly improve the Ripl software product value proposition and our customer experience. You will also collaborate closely with our Chief Architect on the Engineering team to identify opportunities to improve our data warehouse for metrics tracking and reporting. This role will report to the CEO and will be a member of the company’s senior leadership team.
This role might be for you if...
- You have experience at multiple companies managing the customer insights team, and you quickly develop an intuitive and empathetic sense for customer needs.
- You have held significant product strategy and roadmap responsibilities in a SaaS or ecommerce business.
- You can provide numerous examples of product development projects which you and/or your team took from customer insight to concept to wireframe to full design to mobile and web development to test to launch, on time.
- You have strong technical skills and can ably discuss the front-end, back-end and data storage considerations of SaaS services with a Head of Engineering team.
- You are knowledgeable and savvy about Social Media Marketing, with recent understanding of social media as a marketing channel from a paid and organic content standpoint.
- You have proven experience at building and managing high performance product teams, and you have experience mentoring Product Managers and/or Program Managers with best-practices in Requirements definition and refinement, impact reporting, A/B testing, and other key PM skills.
- You have built a reputation amongst colleagues in prior companies for identifying new high-value features or functionality of the software your team has managed, and you have championed the successful development of those features.
- Manage Product Management and Customer Research team of 5, including mentorship in PM best practices and Product Requirements definition and scoping.
- Manage the Ripl mobile apps and web app Product Roadmap, including running the weekly Product planning meeting with input from Engineering and Design team members.
- Own and drive the Ripl product innovation agenda, including owning the Key Differentiation points for Ripl vs competitors and the in-app functionality in native social media apps
- Define the customer research and insights agenda, including setting the monthly and quarterly research schedule and supporting the Customer Research team member to develop specific product recommendations as a result of regular qualitative and quantitative research.
- Define the long-term data warehouse requirements to ensure we can efficiently report on key performance metrics for the Ripl service, business, and company.
- Serve as the most knowledgeable senior team member about competitive software tools and offerings.
- Own the medium-long term Product vision, and advocate for the development of significant features or UX improvements even if they require numerous development sprint cycles to accomplish.
- Serve on the senior leadership team, collaborating with the heads of Marketing, Engineering, Design, and Operations to ensure we stay on track with company and software service health metrics.
- Own cross-team information sharing efforts, most importantly with the Marketing team and Creative Design teams, to ensure insights about our own social media marketing and advertising efforts are feeding back into our product innovation efforts for Ripl software.
Skills & Qualifications
- Managerial experience with Product and/or Program Management teams (5+ years)
- Social Media Marketing channels and content -- strong understanding of the content forms and types that work best on social media, particularly for business marketing, promotion, lead-generation, and CRM purposes
- SaaS and/or subscription services leadership experience -- either for consumer service or small/medium business software tool
- Team leadership experience with a service delivered via mobile and web/browser based applications
- Proficiency with Business Intelligence analytics and charting tools such as Tableau, ChartMogul, Looker, etc.
About Our Team
We are loving, supportive and resilient. We value courage, drive, and integrity. We want every team member to achieve their greatest professional potential. We take projects from concept to completion. We support learning, collaboration and feedback. We are kind, accepting, and accountable.
Ripl is a growing Pacific Northwest-based tech startup pursuing the ambitious goal of providing the simplest way for small businesses to build their brand on social media. Ripl’s mobile and Web apps enable anyone to create beautiful branded videos and images, post them to all their social accounts, and spend more time doing what they love.