Owlet Baby Care, Inc. was founded in 2013 by a team of passionate parents who wanted to bring themselves—and other parents around the globe—peace of mind and assurance by developing a monitor that tracks a baby's breathing and heart rate. Using pulse oximetry, the same technology used in hospitals, the Owlet Smart Sock is designed to send alerts to the Base Station and via Wi-Fi to a smartphone, if a baby were to stop breathing while sleeping. Learn more by visiting OwletCare.com.
- Design, model, and test prototypes for products.
- Work on a cross functional development team to produce well-thought products that are in line with current design trends
- Work closely with vendors and purchasing in the sourcing and production of prototypes and inventoried parts
- Strong proficiency in small scale plastic stack-ups in consumer electronic devices
- Expert level proficiency in CAD 3D modeling mainly Solidworks and mechanical stack ups
- Develop concepts and ideas for new products or methods to improve existing products.
- Conduct research and create design proposals for projects.
- Create concepts, performance, and production criteria.
- Identify and select materials needed for production.
- Produce final hand drawings and specifications.
- Make samples of working models for demonstration.
- Negotiate appropriate production processes.
- Travel to production facilities to evaluate processes.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years of Mechanical Engineering or Product Design working with connected devices
- MUST have work experience with small electronics and small technical product stack-ups.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline preferred but not required (Mechanical Engineering or ID)
- Excellent leadership skills and outstanding project management and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication as well as dynamic presentation skills
- Strong belief that Owlet will change the world
Owlet Baby Care, Inc. is the equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.