Amplero is seeking a skilled Software Engineer to join our Integration Engineering team. You will be responsible for creating integration interfaces, configuring platform components, and building out data handling routines as well as ongoing operational support. You will also be comfortable working directly with clients during the configuration and deployment of our next generation machine learning platform. Additionally, this role is part of an on-call rotation that would handle 3-5 off hours pages, usually resolved within 15 minutes, every 6 weeks. This position requires excellent communication, problem solving, teamwork, and organizational skills. In this role you would report to our Integration Engineering Manager.
This position is a great fit for you if you are a self-starter with a development background in Java and broad scripting skills in Bash and Python in a *nix environment. You should have a desire to grow your technical skills by getting hands-on experience with our big data ecosystem operating on Cloudera’s Hadoop distribution deployed in the Azure cloud. As an Integration Software Engineer, you’ll be expected to participate in nearly all aspects of our development, testing, and deployment processes.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- 3+ years’ experience with Linux/Unix environments
- 3+ years’ experience programing in Java
- 3+ years’ experience in multiple scripting languages, particularly Bash and Python
- Hands on experience using map reduce frameworks, particularly Hadoop related technologies including: PIG, HDFS, Impala
- Experience dealing with and managing large data sets
- Ability to thrive in early-stage, collaborative environments
- You live in the greater Seattle metropolitan area
Bonus points awarded for:
- Ability to interface directly with external customer project teams, including technical peers at various customer sites
- RDMS fundamentals with specific focus on Postgresql as well as other data warehouse skills
- Experience using Cloudera Manager and related tooling
- Experience configuring assets in platforms like Responsys and Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
Amplero is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.