At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over £6 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. Our vision is to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
Remitly is hiring a Head of the Region, APAC (Singapore, Australia) to lead our Singapore office and help grow our APAC business starting with Singapore and Australia. We’re looking for an experienced, commercially minded, highly energetic and entrepreneurial individual to join our International team to drive growth in our APAC corridors, while developing and executing strategies across product, marketing, customer service and other regional and global functions as needed.
This new position will be based in Singapore with travel across the region as well as regular travel to Europe and the US. You will report to the VP, International.
- Strategy - Build and own the APAC regional growth strategy and maintain ongoing view about competition, market and customer trends, co-own competitive strategy within specific corridors.
- Business Management - Translate global strategy into specific regional corridor goals for all required actions across marketing, product, analytics and customer service requirements;. You will lead by influence, working closely with the functions on action planning, execution, control, results evaluation and reiteration
- Operations - Help drive operational excellence across all business areas, as well as organisational and business efficiencies to drive sustainable achievement of financial goals through effective partnering within the London based office and our global matrix.
- Analytics - Drive complex customer and market analysis to derive insights and develop strategic and executional plans across marketing, product, customer service, analytics and other functions. Own “send” corridor key metrics and deliverables aligned with strategic growth plans.
- P&L management - Co-own customer funnel conversion and key business unit metrics and goals with senior management driving International agenda from London and Seattle global key functions, help drive local teams and global stakeholder performance, while embracing our ethics and cultural values.
- Business Development - Identify & develop new business opportunities and strategic partnerships in APAC.
- Be a Partner - Be an influential champion of the region/corridor related activities and plans. Be an active and inclusive member of the Remitly International team: take the lead on corridor initiatives and projects as needed, share best practices, collaborate and support work areas in other regions and functions. Provide constructive feedback to all functions in support of continuous talent development.
- 7+ years of work experience in fast paced and entrepreneurial environments. Ideal candidate background:
- Analytical individual with stakeholder management, business development and start-up experience, P&L ownership and passion for growth, experience in Singapore and Asian Pacific countries.
- Prior experience in tech/digital, strategy consulting, consumer tech, eCommerce, FinTech, banking, private equity, or venture capital
- Experienced working in a global matrix organisation. Proven success working in fast growth international environments.
- Extremely self-motivated and curious - desire to understand the Remitly customer, and translate those learnings into strategies.
- Strong alignment to our mission and values
- Experience building an online business strategy and execution - combination of strategy/positioning, traffic acquisition programs, brand development work and product conversion improvement.
- Embraces a test-and-learn culture and data driven decision making.
- Strong grasp of drivers and mechanics for high transaction volume businesses and data independent to conduct analysis of raw data.
- MBA or graduate degree in a quantitative discipline is preferable, but not required.
- Candidate needs to be a Singapore resident: Singapore citizen, permanent resident or on an employment pass.
Who We Are:
Remitly is the largest independent digital remittance company headquartered in the United States, transferring over $6 billion in annualised volume from its customers in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, and Australia to loved ones throughout the world. The company’s proprietary global transfer network includes its easy-to-use mobile app, which makes the process of sending money faster, easier, more transparent and less costly by eliminating the forms, codes, agents, extra time and fees typical of the traditional, century-old money transfer process. Remitly is backed by industry-leading investors, World Bank’s International Finance Corporation (IFC), Naspers’ PayU, Silicon Valley Bank, Stripes Group, DFJ, DN Capital, QED Investors, Trilogy Equity Partners, Bezos Expeditions, Founders’ Co-Op, and TomorrowVentures. The company is headquartered in Seattle, with additional offices in London, the Philippines, and Nicaragua. For more information, visit remitly.com.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Remitly is an eVerify Employer.