At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $6 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. Our vision is to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial and proactive individual with experience working for an ecommerce or tech company who gets excited about answering difficult business problems using data and isn't afraid to roll up their sleeves to execute on value creating ideas.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, with strong attention to detail and analytical mind. This person will have a strong interest in driving business value through marketing campaigns with a data driven approach.
Our internships typically last for 6 months.
About the role
- high quality analysis to help measure the effectiveness of digital and offline marketing campaigns, guide investment in various channels and generate learnings for future campaigns
- design, set up and project manage marketing experiments to test well defined hypotheses and analyse their effectiveness in order to recommend how performance should guide future decisions on marketing spend
- collaborate with business and marketing stakeholders, identify key marketing levers and help define marketing KPIs
- build dashboards, leveraging self-serve wherever possible, and ensures that the martdata being used is accurate and timely. Improve efficiencies and automate analysis to ensure focus is on new value-add analysis
- ensure clean and accurate data throughput to all marketing tools and channels
- detect anomalies and alert on any irregularities to gain efficiency and effectiveness in an effort to constantly optimise the effectiveness and efficiency of our digital channels (Paid Search, Paid Social, Affiliate, Programmatic, Display, etc.).
- apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, performance marketing, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand quality of customer acquisition and marketing spend efficiency
- operational tasks to help drive our marketing expansion and growth
- we’d like you to have a Bachelors/Masters degree educated in Maths, Economics, Stats, Science or Engineering (or similar) or MBA
- you’ll be an analytical, structured thinker, flexible and approachable attitude with good problem-solving skills and you will be able to take ownership of a project & strategy and see the implementation through to real impact for our customers.
- you will have a curious and inquisitive approach - our business is constantly evolving and you will have to challenge preconceptions
- naturally, a passion and interest in marketing or learning more about it at a fast-paced, high growth company is going to be important
- communication skills are always stressed as key in any role, however, we really need them in the ideal individual as you’ll need to summarise complex solutions and present data visually to all operational levels of the business
- you will need to be confident in dealing with ambiguity and scoping work with your keen attention to detail
- your education will mean you have a natural inclination and desire to understand commercial value of marketing initiatives and you’ll be comfortable with supporting the execution of these initiatives
- we’d like you to have experience in reporting on insights and data visualisation (Tableau preferred).
- a solid grounding in SQL, advanced knowledge of Excel & experience of statistical analysis tools are a requirement for this opportunity
- you will have analytics experience in customer insights, marketing channels, experimentation (e.g A/B tests)
- knowledge of statistical methods and predictive modelling techniques will be the basis for your success
- you’ll be empathetic to your stakeholders and you will be able to identify pain points and see your analysis & the tools you build all the way through to impact - this requires a hands-on mentality instead of process focus
Nice to have
- you have analytics experience in customer insights, lifetime value, attribution, experimentation, channel analysis, cohort analysis, etc.
- ideally you have worked in performance marketing before and are familiar with common concepts of evaluating campaign success
- experience working with various digital advertising platforms, including but not limited to AdWords, Facebook, Google Analytics
- familiarity with attribution, customer lifetime value models and marketing mix modelling
- prior experience in fast moving consumer technology environment such as mobile, e-commerce, marketing analytics, media, online products/services or games.
- experience or familiarity with one or more of the following areas: email marketing, marketing operations, product marketing, content marketing, search engine optimisation, inbound marketing.
- knowledge, genuine passion and interest of FinTech industry trends.
- experience in Python and R
Who we are:
Remitly is a group of passionate people working to make international payments easier and more transparent on both the web and mobile devices. We are seeking team members to join us that want to make a difference and change an industry. We pride ourselves on aiming high and delivering results, data being at the heart of everything we do, and encouraging our team to own business decisions and outcomes. Sound like the place for you? Join us.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. Remitly is an eVerify Employer.