At Remitly, Operations is at the heart of our overall customer experience. Our goal is to provide world-class customer service to each and every customer who trusts us to deliver their hard earned money to friends and loved ones throughout the world. We deliver on promises to our customers so they in turn can deliver on the promises they've afforded to their friends and family abroad. In order to provide superb customer experience, we must have highly specific and effective training and learning for our operations. The customer experience is directly tied to our ability to successfully equip our operational teams with the knowledge and tools needed to drive every customer contact to a desirable resolution.
As the Senior Training Ops Manager your primary objective is to maintain and consistently improve scalable product training programs and learning processes that can extend throughout the organization.
Our Senior Training Ops Manager will own training and act as Strengths coach for the entire site. Deep leadership, change management and good program management capabilities are a must. Taking care of Senior Management training, using Strengths, Values and Career Ladders as basis for development planning.
You will manage and deliver training for customer service associates (CSAs), risk investigators (RI), subject matter experts and managers within our Manila operations team. Your goal is to ensure that you and your team are able to effectively support the appropriate team members to perform their job effectively and in compliance with internal and external policies. You will influence Net Promoter Scores (NPS) and Customer Satisfaction(CSAT) scores through the performance of your trainees. You will interact at all levels in the organization, which requires strong communication skills and an ability to influence others.
This position requires effective leadership and effective management skills for the following key focus areas (additional responsibilities may be added as the needs of the business change and expand)
You will ensure that a positive learning experience is created and delivered across Remitly's Manila site. This includes Senior Management, Customer Service (CS), Fraud and Risk Investigations teams. The extent of your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Ownership and management of the training and quality product road map, design and strategic framework of Remitly's operations training curriculum. This includes, but is not limited to, managing classroom training, presentation materials, e-learning modules, blended learning approaches, training assessments and on-the-job shadowing strategies that are all scalable.
- Owner of continuous gap analysis, end-to-end design, agent development, tool and process implementation and sustainment planning for programs with the goal to rapidly develop a diverse group of associates and managers.
- Effectively partner directly with the immediate stakeholders onsite (Operations, Quality, Ops Analytics, etc.) to identify gaps and avail effective solutions that build on employee competencies within the business.
- More importantly partner with Operations' subject matter experts, leads and managers to ensure training content and job aids meet the demands of the production floor. This includes full-alignment with standard operating procedures that outlined process and compliance requirements.
- Drives innovative training program development through the facilitation of online resources, training toolkits and mentorship programs. Establish unique strategic plans for each department that improve the skills of employees in a more personalized manner.
- Responsible for selecting the best delivery methods for each training objective that suits different job functions and audiences.
- Ensure that all training methods adhere to strict operational compliance requirements. Establish metrics to measure the performance and success of ongoing training programs. Identify points of improvement and develop solutions that improve the effectiveness of training programs. Reports to stakeholders and department managers for the purpose of strategy formulation and informed decision-making.
- Develop training efficacy rating system to gauge the effectiveness of the overall training curriculum. NPS and customer satisfaction performance is a critical component in determining the overall effectiveness of the training curriculum and delivery across the organization.
- Track and deliver new training curriculums through the approval process, including the key milestones such as the design process, content delivery and final stakeholder sign-off.
- Ensures each Training staff is well supported and trained to support our Customer Service Promises.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in education, curriculum design, or equivalent industry experience.
- 4+ years' work experience in the areas of training and quality design, training delivery and group facilitation, quality parameters, scalable and metric influenced processes for quality
- Good track record of successful instructional design, program/project management, classroom/e-learning facilitation, and an ability to leverage relationships and influence others to adopt the training methods prescribed throughout the organization.
- Fluent in written and verbal business English. One other language (preferred native Spanish, Hindi, French or Portuguese language skills) is an advantage
- Strong project and/or program management skills with track record of strong organizational partnerships with cross-functional teams.
- Past experience developing production-based training curriculums in a process driven environment; Call center experience is a plus.
- Experience carrying out all activities in the training cycle: Design, Delivery, Evaluation.
- Strong interpersonal communication (verbal and written) and collaboration skills.
- Able to deliver top-tier results in a highly ambiguous environment. You must be a self-starter with an ability to juggle competing priorities and meet aggressive deliverable dates consistent with a rapidly growing organization.
- Ability to align training curriculums with broader department and organizational goals. Balancing strategic thinking with a strong attention to detail and tactical execution is required.
- Strong understanding of MS Office tools (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel) with a good understanding of an industry-accepted LMS, such as Lessonly, Absorb, Adobe Captivate, Bridge, Litmos, etc. an advantage
- Experience with LMS & Authoring Tools (Adobe Captivate or Articulate/Storyline 360)
- Experience with ADDIE/SAM instructional design models
- Experience with WIPPEA lesson planning model
- Experience using Gallups StrengthsFinders