POSITION TITLE: Director of Software QA
Reports To: VP of Engineering
Location: Lehi, UT
With over 500,000 connected IoT devices and 3 new products launching in the coming months, Owlet is a dynamic and growing innovation leader transforming the baby care industry. Hundreds of thousands of parents rely on Owlet every day to help ensure their baby’s safety and well-being. As such, quality must be a top priority while Owlet continues to expand its user base and introduce new products. Owlet is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar on quality and join our Engineering team as a Director of Software Quality Assurance.
As the Director of Software Quality Assurance, you will build and lead a software quality assurance team and work closely with developers on various teams across several technology domains including embedded systems, mobile applications, backend/cloud systems, and frontend systems. You will report to the VP of Engineering. You will spearhead the creation of new QA systems and processes as well as champion continuous improvement in software product quality and reliability.
- Help define and execute a comprehensive software quality strategy that is harmonized with a robust continuous integration and continuous deployment strategy.
- Establish, implement, monitor and enforce software quality engineering procedures, policies, standards and tools that align with and enforce the broader, companywide QMS.
- Coordinate and drive execution of software quality assurance testing including but not limited to creating test plans, test scripts, reporting defects, effectiveness, performance testing, regression testing, etc.
- Lead root-cause analysis and problem resolution to identify effective corrective actions and process improvements.
- Oversee software releases (including deployment) and ensure procedures are documented and followed.
- Ensure the appropriate test environments are in place, managed and controlled.
- Develop Software QA Engineer KPIs, compare against industry standards and report KPIs.
- Coordinate corrective action to reduce errors and to improve the quality of the systems and services.
- Implement resource plans, including conducting recruitment interviews. Facilitate selection, assessment and on-boarding processes, and internal resource allocation.
- Lead teams through coaching and developmental feedback. Train and guide test engineers on how to develop robust tests and find problems with the products they test.
- Work closely with developers to identify and resolve issues and determine when a build candidate is ready for release.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience leading a Software Quality Assurance team that spans multiple product lines.
- Experience in C, Kotlin, Swift, and/or Python
- Experience with Unix/Linux systems with scripting experience in Shell, Perl or Python.
- Experience testing products with network connectivity. IoT or similar is preferred.
- Experience designing, implementing and maintaining robust automated tests.
- Highly collaborative problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Flexible schedules
- Paid holidays
- Product discounts
- 401(k) program
- Eligible for company-sponsored benefits package 1st day of the month, following your hire date
Owlet Baby Care, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.