We started with the knowledge and insight of a veteran title and escrow team, paired them with tech industry leaders, and gave them a clean slate – to build what title and escrow should be. We invented sophisticated back-office technology to streamline our closing process, and ensure every customer receives the same high level of service, every time. Then we created real-time views into that system with our mobile apps and desktop portal, so there’s no guesswork or uncertainty.
Our approach is simple. Title and escrow has transaction data, documents, and contacts. We know the transaction status. Why not share them, in real time, so we’re all on the same page? The results speak for themselves – our customers are our biggest fans.
The copywriter will bring ideas to life with smart, engaging messaging that strengthens our brand and gets results. The person in this role will define, develop, and deliver targeted messaging across a wide range of print and online deliverables. The ideal candidate will possess a passion for all things creative, coupled with the uncanny ability to merge business objectives with imaginative solutions. We're looking for a conceptual thinker, a skilled communicator, and a creative partner. The candidate will provide content for websites, sales collateral, customer emails, online ad campaigns, tradeshow assets, and assist with social media marketing. The candidate will work out of our Seattle office, and closely with staff designer(s) and marketing managers in a fun, dynamic environment. This position will report to the VP of Marketing.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Write original copy and edit content for a range of marketing and communications materials
- Collaborate with designers to create and deliver messaging that meets business objectives
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent brand voice through a variety of marketing channels: website, promotional/campaign deliverables, product information, social, sales collateral, trade show/event signage, trade advertisements, presentations, etc.
- Strategically position JetClosing while ensuring accuracy in product details
- Looks to continually “raise the bar” by maintaining a strong understanding of our product, our target audiences, and our competitors in the market
- Detail-oriented, strong fact-checking, and research skills
- Eye towards SEO best practices when writing for web while still adhering to brand guidelines
- Develop and maintains editorial guidelines
Qualifications and Skills:
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite on a PC. Additional mac environment and Adobe Creative suite knowledge preferred
- Experience writing compelling and creative marketing materials, and ability to tell interesting, simple and engaging brand and product stories through copy
- Ability to communicate advanced technical concepts using plain language.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, in-house, team environment
- Exceptional creative writing and editing skills
- Thorough working knowledge of AP style and grammar
- Natural problem solver with a self-starter attitude
- Ability to work independently within a team environment, and an ability to work collaboratively with key stakeholders
- Ability to effectively research and create unique, compelling content/copy for all marketing collateral (print & online)
- Excellent project management/multi-tasking, organizational, and communication skills
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the principles of creative writing
- Acutely detailed-oriented, strong fact-checking, and top-notch proofreading skills
- Welcomes feedback from creative and marketing managers
Education & Experience:
- BA/BS in related field required
- 3+ years of copywriter experience, prefer experience writing for real estate tech or financial tech or related field
- A diverse portfolio with a variety of media and formats: print ads, digital ad banners, search engine optimized (SEO) web content, blog posts, social media, sales collateral and direct marketing email