This position will help lead the charge for Owlet Baby Care customer experience. The Customer Service Manager is responsible for ensuring a great customer service experience for our end consumers, by aligning strategy and resources to achieve this goal. When it comes to customer service, Owlet wants to do things differently. The Manager will help build and embed the customer experience into the heart of everything we do, delivering and driving an effective and exceptional multi-channel customer experience with emphasis on employee engagement and training. The Manager will help develop and implement tactical plans to support the strategy, incite engagement and resolution satisfaction within each corresponding channel and work cross-departmentally to create relevant social content.
Customer Experience Strategy
- Optimize the customer experience organization including people, products, processes and technologies to deliver business and operational objectives.
- Maximize our customer service software platforms to realize higher levels of efficiency and agent productivity. Help set up, administer, and configure Zendesk and other technologies that are applicable.
- Deliver the human element of a digital strategy, for example, chat, social media, and SMS. Understand when and how each strategy works best.
- Use external industry knowledge and relationships to ensure Owlet remains ahead of market.
Customer Service Operations
- Define and execute on meaningful KPIs that maximize impact on positive brand image, focusing on things like NPS score.
- Develop, test, and deploy continuous improvements to grow the business in a customer centric and cost-effective way.
- Define and execute on world class Zendesk workflows.
- Develop, test, and deploy continuous improvements of Zendesk for our BPO, Social CS team, APP team and .com team.
- Develop and educate our internal teams, international partners and BPO relationship on changes and improvements to Zendesk.
- Maintain all online content such as FAQs, knowledgebase pages, tutorials, macros, automated responses and other customer help sections.
- Can maintain and advise on the best practices for Zendesk within our customer service department, .com, app and social media teams.
- Must have a unparallel understanding of how Zendesk works in a customer service setting.
- Provide system access for all global agent. Including International teams.
- Conduct ad hoc analysis of social conversation in response to issues, situations and other trends impacting brand image and consumer opinions while providing insight and recommendations on overall communications strategies to management.
- Provide system access for all global agent. Help create and keep updated SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) manuals when needed.
- Serve as one of the main points of contact internally and externally for Owlet. Professionally handle escalation cases and provide suitable resolutions to keep customers satisfied.
People and Team Management
- Help inspire, lead, manage, coach, and develop a world-class customer experience team comprised of internal Owlet representatives. As well as, external Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) relationships. This will apply to domestic as well as international partners.
To love and be successful in this job, you will need to possess the below competencies, skills and education.
- Organization: ability to manage multiple projects with many subtasks with great ease.
- Communication: effectively communicate with technical and non-technical people at all levels of the company
- Conflict Management: be very comfortable to step up and resolve conflict quickly and find common ground to settle disputes equitably with minimum noise to the organization.
- Decision Quality: Make good decisions based on analysis, wisdom and experience.
- Significant track record in a multi-channel customer facing environment is essential (including online, telephone, B2B and direct).
- Must have experience of creating, delivering and embedding digital solutions in a customer contact setting.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to develop and manage successful development and deployment of Zendesk workflows across multiple channels and departments. Customer-focused, with energetic, motivated positive personality.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format, manage staff, build and maintain relationships as well as the ability to lead/influence in a multi-functional and highly collaborative environment.
- Strong project management and organizational skills as well as advanced knowledge skills in Power Point, Excel and Word.
- Payment services knowledge strongly preferred.
- An exceptional level of interpersonal skills in order to influence internal and external stakeholders to drive business outcomes.
- Ability to interpret data and map customer experience journeys across multi-channel environments.
- Passion for improving processes and making things work efficiently.
- Confident in voicing concerns and identifying issues to address as needed across the company.
- BS or BA in Communications and/or Business Administration or equivalent with a minimum of three years' experience in customer communications, with strong knowledge in social media communications.
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Flexible schedules
- Paid holidays
- Product discounts
- 401(k) program
- Eligible for company-sponsored benefits package 1st day of the month, following your hire date
Owlet Baby Care, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.