Do you want to contribute to a world changing, lifesaving movement? At Owlet, Project managers are responsible for shepherding complex, one-of-a-kind products, through the development process. As the leader of the development team the Project Manager must be able to work across the Owlet’s organization to ensure that the Product requirements are achieved on time, on scope, and on budget. To achieve this the Project Manager must be able to lead the Scrum team to identify/address risks, manage 3rd part vendors, and keep the team focused.
The Director of Project Management is a key role in driving organizational effectiveness in service of Owlet’s business goals and mission. This person works across the organization to scope, plan, and deliver new products and new features for existing products. This person also works cross functionally to support product commercialization, contract manufacturing, process development, and continual improvement within the broader organization.
Owlet Baby Care is looking for someone like you and would be very interested in a discussion to talk about your drive in these areas. This position will report to the VP of Operations.
- Manage Project Management team to establish processes to streamline development, create predictable outcomes, and meet the needs of the organization.
- Work with the product owners, engineering team, and other cross functional stakeholders will take new products from concept to mass production
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Partner with product owner to ensure strategic and tactical alignment between teams, functions, and activities to meet requirements of Product Requirement Document (PRD)
- Keep business leaders informed via timely status updates of product development and manufacturing timelines
- Work with Project Managers to surface top risks to project success and lead a cross functional team to mitigate risks
- Prevent scope creep on the project and keep the engineers doing the most effective work to ensure PRD requirements are met leading to project success
- Facilitating brainstorming session focused on gathering requirements and develop a path forward on product development.
- Surface conflicting priorities and provide go forward recommendations to resolve priority conflict
- Help Project Managers in managing sprints, team planning, backlog grooming, and retros
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related Engineering, Business, or other field of study
- 7+ years of equivalent relevant work experience in product or project mgmt.
- Record of bringing multiple hardware products from design phase to full production
- Experience managing portfolio of projects at once
- Ability to perform consistently under varying business pressure and conflicting priorities
- Experience managing complex and cross functional development projects
- Adaptability in a quickly changing environment
- Experience managing 3rd party contract manufacturers building a consumer packaged good or medical product
- Ability managing complex timelines, review processes, and cross functional teams
You may also have:
- PMP or Scrum Master certification
- History working in Scrum/Agile environment for software and hardware development
- Experience dealing with a medical device quality management system
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Flexible schedules
- Paid holidays
- Product discounts
- 401(k) program
- Eligible for company-sponsored benefits package 1st day of the month, following your hire date
Owlet Baby Care, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.