At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $6 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. Our vision is to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
As Senior Content Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for developing and executing a content strategy and operation that builds the Remitly brand, supports customer acquisition and retention, and increases the online visibility of our offering.
You will devise a strategy that aligns with Remitly’s business goals, commission and manage external content creators as needed.
Working alongside colleagues in PR and marketing, you will be accountable for our owned social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Youtube), developing content that has reach and resonance beyond our owned channels and paid advertising efforts and measure and report the results.
- You will be both a strategist and writer/producer and able to work independently to get our content practice up and running.
- Lead the content marketing strategy, development, and execution to generate awareness, engagement, referral and conversion of a variety of Remitly audiences.
- Write and deliver engaging and disruptive content in multiple formats (written, video, audio, etc) across owned and earned channels (including social media, website, blog, influencer program and sponsored content) that is insight-driven, on brand, and drives results, including SEO.
- Test, revise, and optimize content to help uncover the most successful approaches.
- Identify newsworthy, share-worthy content opportunities that resonate with target audiences.
- Use market and customer data to develop actionable content that will complement their experience with our product.
- Develop Remitly’s customer stories platform through mining, collection, and creation of stories.
- Manage and coordinate contractors, freelancers, and influencers to flawlessly execute on the Remitly content strategy.
- Work as an editor to freelance writers and/or external partners, with a high confidence level in providing narrative and structural feedback in addition to copy edits.
- Research and keep a pulse on trends, issues, and topics that matter most to Remitly’s key audiences around the world to develop content that will capture their attention.
- Stay up to date on best practices in the media, social media, and creative industries.
- 7+ years experience in editorial, content creation & development.
- You have built online communities and managed owned channels
- Natural ability to tell stories and engage customers with relevant and sticky content.
- Strong foundation in digital marketing campaign strategy, SEO, content creation and marketing, and performance measurement.
- Ability to effortlessly manage the entire content lifecycle in a deeply collaborative setting.
- An established track record in developing robust content strategies and content, from start to finish.
- Expert in understanding how content scales and effective content across digital channels.
- Excellent editorial writing abilities especially outlining and writing long-form content, editing and proofreading with focused attention to detail.
- Ability to lead, organize and prioritize multiple projects and requests simultaneously.
- Professional writing and editing capabilities; ability to create, curate, edit and align information to meet content needs. Familiarity with Associated Press (AP) style.
- Skilled in data-driven decision making to continually optimize and improve content assets and usage.
- Proven understanding of content strategy and distribution methodologies to ensure content is created and structured for broad distribution.
- Proven understanding of performance metrics and industry benchmarks by channel and format, and how concept and distribution tactics impact those benchmarks.
- Experience working with a content management system, blog platforms, Google Analytics to publish, maintain content, and measure results.
- Ability to collaborate across teams and functional groups in a large and complex corporate environment.
- Passion for Remitly’s mission and deep empathy for our diverse community to understand customer needs, translating that into relevant and useful content marketing.
- Ability to write and communicate in Spanish a plus.
Who We Are:
Remitly is the largest independent digital remittance company headquartered in the United States, transferring over $6 billion in annualized volume from its customers in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, and Australia to loved ones throughout the world. The company’s proprietary global transfer network includes its easy-to-use mobile app, which makes the process of sending money faster, easier, more transparent and less costly by eliminating the forms, codes, agents, extra time and fees typical of the traditional, century-old money transfer process. Remitly is backed by industry-leading investors including, Generation Investment Management, Naspers’ PayU, Silicon Valley Bank, Stripes Group, DFJ, DN Capital, QED Investors, Trilogy Equity Partners, Bezos Expeditions, Founders’ Co-Op, and TomorrowVentures. The company is headquartered in Seattle, with additional offices in London, Dublin, Poland, the Philippines, and Nicaragua. For more information, visit remitly.com.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Remitly is an eVerify Employer.