At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $6 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. We want to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
You will help partners at Remitly to easily find the data they need to make decisions and feel confident it’s complete and correct. You’ll do this by applying your experience to lead a data mart strategy and use your technical skills to build it out. You’ll partner with analysts, data engineers, PMs, and others to decide the requirements while accounting for delivering the end product. You will report directly to our Data Engineering Technical Lead.
What you’ll do:
- Plan analytics architecture by studying the analytics collection, data availability, envisioning data scheme, evaluating information representation and conducting creative meetings
- Develop data marts for domains across the company
- Identify data quality expectations for data which are implementable by developers
- Ensure that the data provided by each integration will meet the product requirements, perform gap analysis as-needed
- Ensure that the full lineage of data regarding the customer journey is accounted for, documented, and accessible
- Work with teams: Analytics, UX, Product, Engineering, Management and others to support and help maintain data model implementations and resolve analytics gaps
- 5+ years experience in the data warehouse space
- 5+ years experience in dimensional data modeling, ETL design, implementation and maintenance
- Familiar with columnar databases. Experience with Redshift management — dist keys, sort keys, vacuuming, WLM — is a bonus
- Fluency in SQL and git. interpret query execution plans and improve queries
- Experience with Python, Java or other general programming language
- Experience analyzing data to identify deliverable, gaps, inconsistencies and data quality issues
- Experience managing and communicating data warehouse plans to internal clients
- Experience with BI systems such as Tableau, Periscope, Looker, Power BI, or Domo
- Experience with analysis and research
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Health, dental and vision insurance benefits.
- Company contributes to your HSA plan if you choose one.
- 401k plan with company matching.
- Free snacks, hot and cold beverages.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals looking for employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Remitly is an eVerify Employer.