At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $6 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. Our vision is to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
We're searching for an autonomous Finance leader to join Remitly’s growing Finance team, reporting to our VP, Corporate Controller. This role will be accountable for leadership and oversight of widespread financial matters across our European market. You’ll leverage deep experience in financial oversight, regulatory reporting, accounting, tax, budgeting/forecasting, and corporate governance to support our aggressive international growth vision.
You’ll accomplish this by partnering closely and empathetically across multiple business units to drive decisions. Your critical work will directly impact the success and ongoing operations of our European business.
What You’ll Do
- Through partnership with the Ireland General Manager, be a key point of contact for the financial regulator in both Ireland (Central Bank Ireland) and the UK (Financial Conduct Authority), representing Remitly in financial matters.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the compliance landscape and determine fiscal impact to existing processes and business as well as ensure internal stakeholders are informed on all fiscal changes and risks.
- Own all financial regulatory requirements for Remitly’s European & APAC entities. This will include but is not limited to safeguarding client funds, regulatory capital monitoring, and submission of statistical & financial returns.
- Responsible for the monthly accounting close for all European entities, variance analyses, and commentary thereof.
- Subject matter expert in statutory financial reporting framework and able to reconcile US GAAP to the statutory financial reporting framework.
- Manage statutory audits of European entities including coordination with external audit firms and internal stakeholders.
- Maintain oversight of outsourced services provided to Remitly’s European entities, inclusive of accounting, tax, and internal audit functions.
- Own payroll processes and employee reporting as required for Remitly’s European entities.
- Partner with European business owners and the Financial Planning & Analysis team to support annual budgeting and expense and headcount management.
- Facilitate business insight through ad-hoc financial analysis.
- Provide support for geographical forecasts and subsidiary-level financial statements, inclusive of transfer pricing and taxes.
- Support employees in European regional offices as the financial point of contact.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to support international product launches.
Who You Are
- 5+ years progressive experience in an Accounting or Finance role
- Undergraduate degree in business, finance or accounting; CPA or Chartered Accountant required
- The successful candidate must qualify for the PCF-11 role (Head of Finance) with the Central Bank of Ireland under the fitness and probity regime
- International experience and FinTech industry experience highly valued
- Demonstrated knowledge of FRS 102 and US GAAP, current trends, and developments
- Experience succeeding in a dynamic, fast-paced, ambiguous, and highly entrepreneurial business environment
- Ability to drive results with autonomy and partner with empathy across geographies and business units
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal) and partnership skills
- Some travel will be required to UK and US offices
Who we are
Remitly is a group of passionate people working to make international payments easier and more transparent on both the web and mobile devices. We are seeking team members to join us that want to make a difference and change an industry. We pride ourselves on aiming high and delivering results, data being at the heart of everything we do, and encouraging our team to own business decisions and outcomes. Sound like the place for you? Join us.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer