POSITION TITLE: Medical Device General Manager
Location: Lehi, UT
Owlet Baby Care is a venture-backed startup based in Lehi, Utah, just outside of Salt Lake City. It was founded in 2013 by a team of passionate parents who launched a groundbreaking product called the Owlet Smart Sock. This market-exclusive innovation tracks the heart and oxygen levels of newborns and notifies parents via smartphone if levels leave preset ranges. Owlet’s mission is to empower parents with the right information at the right time, and our vision is for every family to have peace of mind when they take their baby home from the hospital – this is where you come in.
We’re searching for a qualified individual who is as passionate as us about the Owlet mission to join our Executive team as our new Medical Device General Manager at our office in Lehi, Utah.
Picture yourself as an Owlet employee:
- Competitive compensation
- A continuously-expanding benefits package, including health and dental insurance, HSA, and 401(k)
- Stock options
- Monthly date night and/or babysitting reimbursement
- Flexible scheduling opportunities
- A free Owlet baby monitor, plus product discounts
- Parental leave
- 10 paid holidays, including your birthday
- Onsite fitness center access
- Free company lunch every week
- Monthly family events
- Monthly half-days
Here’s what we’ll find on our newest hire’s resume:
- A background and skill set that stands out above our other candidates
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred)
- Minimum of 7 years of experience as a General Manager or higher position in an established medical device company (Class-II or Class-III medical device) or successful start-up
- Experience negotiating with government and commercial insurance organizations
- Experience deploying channel management strategies within a distribution network for medical devices
- Experience in development of strategic collaborations and negotiating contracts with health plans, hospital systems, physicians, and key opinion leaders
- Proven leadership skills coupled with the experience of building a medical device organization, including problem-solving abilities and out-of-the-box thinking
- Demonstrated communication skills with all levels of healthcare professionals in articulating the medical market need and proposed solutions
Here’s how you’ll help fulfill Owlet’s vision with this role:
- Build a world-class Medical Device organization to drive the strategies and initiatives with the regulated medical device business
- Build the business team to execute on the Owlet Medical Device (Babysat) commercialization and identify optimal targets for the initial market entry and further commercial expansion. Those include but not limited to DMEs (durable medical equipment companies), health plans, hospitals and employer channels, and other innovating approaches and strategies.
- Lead the development of all business strategies (including; product development, building internal and external sales, reimbursement, medical marketing, regulatory compliance, QMS implementation, supply chain and customer service) and collaborate with the management team to identify the value proposition and primary market for Babysat product.
- Plan and manage new medical device product launches.
- Drive annual revenue growth via a distributor or direct sales organization. Secure, retain and grow both new and existing accounts
- In conjunction with the management team, create, maintain and execute a successful plan and strategy to obtain profitable growth and market penetration of products. Develop and manage metrics to measure success of the management team.
- Refine and implement integrated sales and marketing plans that leverage programs to accelerate the rate of technology adoption and drive consistent revenue growth.
- Collaborate with Marketing to develop and build awareness of the Company’s brand and technology.
- Monitor and evaluate market conditions and competitive landscape to identify products and services that can be translated into new business opportunities.
- Monitor day-to-day operations of the business including supply chain, distribution, and fulfillment. Collaborate, work with functional heads where appropriate to improve performance and/or address issues.
- Provide oversight to the development of the sales training function ensuring sales personnel are appropriately trained on the use of the product, its intended use, deliver educational materials (including external and internal research) for existing and prospective customers, bring feedback from the field on product improvement.
- Identify and implement a database to collect and manage sales and contact information for physicians, clinicians, hospitals, rehabilitation centers, and patients.
- Lead and establish strategic goals for industry conferences, symposia, peer to peer meetings and distributor sales meetings.
- Create an internal sales operations and customer service team to effectively manage and respond to sales representatives, customers and potential customers regarding product, reimbursement, and other pertinent information. Interface with customer service group to monitor customer satisfaction and pro-actively address any issues that arise.
- Develop reimbursement strategies and plans for products.
- Maintain financials, in accordance with the Company’s governance, including the Annual Budget, P&L and Sales Forecasts. Regularly perform pricing analysis by customer channel and implement strategies to increase revenues and ROI, improve market position or reduce costs.
- Other related duties and responsibilities as may be directed.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally as needed
Is an amazing company culture as important to you as it is to us?
- We invite all points of view into conversation for the goal of seeking truth and ensuring commitment from ourselves and others.
- We act like owners. When we see a problem, we own it and solve it. When we’re given a goal, we deliver. We are committed to holding strong through the storm, even at the hardest of times, because the finish is worth it.
- We are not bound by traditional “wisdom.” We consistently encourage ourselves and others to reject nature and go for the impossible. We create a safe environment for team members to stretch for new personal heights.
- We believe you can’t build a business without building the people inside of it. We’re constantly learning and growing. As a company, we find opportunities to build our team and give them tools to achieve greatness and opportunities for personal breakthroughs.
If you would love to work for a company whose conference rooms are named after actual babies whose parents have received peace of mind after using our product, apply today. Check out our career page to learn more about Owlet Baby Care and to see other potential dream jobs: https://owletcare.com/pages/careers
Owlet Baby Care, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.