At Boundless, we’re breaking down the barriers of the immigration system and we are looking for a frontend-focused software engineer to work closely with marketers, designers, and data analysts in our Growth team to participate and lead customer acquisition and conversion efforts across our product portfolio.
During your first month in this role, you will:
- Learn by doing with your team. Upon your start you will be assigned a technical mentor and you will pair with your mentor and other engineers/designers/marketers in your team to thoroughly understand our Wordpress installation, Rails/React application, and the tools we use for experimentation and data analytics.
- Discover our process, practices, and career map. Throughout your first month you will learn about our practices and process; the way we plan our work, our data-driven decision making framework, retrospectives, postmortems, release infrastructure, etc. You will join our customer feedback sessions to directly hear from our customers, learn about how we think about career development at Boundless, and you will engage with members of our Growth team to learn about the work they are doing to acquire and convert new customers.
Within three months, you will:
- Independently progress on major product initiatives. Once you feel comfortable with our systems, you will play a major role in our growth customer acquisition initiatives which include paid advertising, SEO, content marketing, email marketing, and validating with new ideas using experimentation and A/B testing. You will understand the effectiveness of your work by analyzing data and owning key metrics, and use this understanding to improve our existing initiatives or come up with new ideas for new initiatives.
- Set personal development goals. You will work with your manager to come up with concrete personal development goals and a plan to reach them.
Within a year, you will:
- Scientific approach to growth. Overtime, you will build a deep understanding of the needs of our users and the challenges of our business. With this knowledge, you will help our Growth team bring a data-driven approach to test and validate new ideas in order to reach our company goals.
- Help build an inclusive and high-performing culture at Boundless. Through your day to day actions, you will set examples for our inclusive engineering culture and you will be part of our interview loops and help our team grow without compromising our team’s technical and cultural balance.
About this position:
About our team:
We are a growing number of engineers and designers working remotely (currently in Seattle and New York). For us immigrants come first. We operate with empathy for each other, we take ownership in things we do; and we strive to continuously get better. We believe passion for learning always beats experience.