Ripl (www.Ripl.com) is passionate about helping small businesses grow by enabling them to leverage the magic of digital media marketing. We are seeking to hire an Associate Content Designer to join the team in order to fulfill this mission.
As Ripl’s Associate Content Designer (Contract), you are in the know about what’s trending in social media marketing to bring cutting edge design to our customers. You will help produce content that is used by millions of small business owners around the world in our mobile and web apps. We’re looking for a visual designer with strong marketing instincts who can use their eye for design to help expand the breadth of our content catalog. This role will report to Ripl’s Content Producer.
A typical day might include:
- Create dozens of new pieces of content in Ripl that will be merchandised as inspiration templates for our customers—small business owners
- Navigate a fast-paced agile environment, balancing independent self-direction with frequent collaboration and open communication
- Embrace a culture of feedback by giving and soliciting feedback from other team members to continually raise the bar on quality
- Brainstorm with team members to come up with new ideas to make our content and merchandising better
Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience designing content for social media channels for business
- Demonstrated command of typography, color, and design principles
- Intermediate Photoshop skills
- Manages time and deadlines well
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- An online portfolio that demonstrates experience and results in content marketing
- Excellent communication skills
- Associates degree or at least two years of experience in visual design, graphic design, digital media, or equivalent
Nice to have:
- Experience working with a content management system and project management software
- Knowledge of how best to use social channels and content marketing best practices
- Experience in startups, with subscription software (SaaS), and/or with small business
- Skills with industry-standard design tools and software like Adobe Creative Cloud and InVision
About Our Team
At Ripl, we take pride in fostering a culture that is collaborative, built on mutual trust, accountability, and grit. If you believe in helping small businesses thrive and want to be a part of a nimble and growing team we want to hear from you!
We’re a Pacific Northwest-based tech startup and the marketing secret weapon for small businesses. While our customers are hard at work growing their business, we’re busy designing intuitive solutions that help them build their brand on social media.