Team Manager, Customer Protection at Remitly
Customer Success Team Manager Job Description
At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $6 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. Our vision is to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
As a Remitly Customer Success Team Manager, you provide outstanding support to our Customer Service, Customer Protection, CARE, FSI, and CSI operations in Manila and Managua. Your primary focus in this critical leadership role is to build and manage high performing and highly engaged teams. This is achieved through coaching and providing guidance on career development, Remitly cultural values, and individual and team performance, as well as overseeing the team’s daily activities. You get to create an environment of empowerment for your team, and amazing experiences for your customers. This position will be opened in both Manila and Managua locations.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Customer Experience Expertise
- Supports Associates deliver on service promises effectively and efficiently as individuals and as a team
- Acts as a go-to expert for Supervisor call/ escalated customer calls and keep abreast with product and process updates and / or changes that affect customer service
- Inspirational Leader of Teams
- Knows and understands individual team member strengths, personality and work tendencies, and builds a strong connection and trust within the team
- Is accountable for the team’s day-to-day activities and the achievement of established service promises at the individual and at the team level
- Fosters a cohesive, creative, and fun working environment, mediating interpersonal issues within the team (if any)
- Leads the team's performance management, career development, learning and development, and engagement
- Engagement Champion
- Are role models for Remitly cultural values
- Coach Associates on cultural values
- Ensures team members are engaged, their values and performance aligned with Remitly standards, and the right employees are retained, recognized and rewarded
- Outstanding Facilitator
- Facilitates team huddles / meetings and communicates team and company goals / initiatives effectively
- Facilitates feedback gathering where Associates feel open and safe sharing their positive and constructive feedback
- Communicates transparently in coordination with relevant stakeholders - Customer Success leadership, Site leadership, HR, Program Managers, etc
- Developer of exceptional talent
- Coaches for performance and service standards - individually and as a team
- Coaches for individual development of their Associates
- Mentors on development, soft skills, performance mgt (may liaise with and obtain inputs from Program Specialist)
- Coaches on Behavior, policy adherence, discipline, and labor regulations
- Manages individual development plans for their Associates based on their strengths and opportunities
- Mastery of Remitly Cultural Values
- Has passion and experience demonstrating key cultural values
- Customer Centricity
- Empathetic Partner
- Be an Owner
- Hire and Develop Exceptional People
- Don't be Afraid to Fail
- Continuously Improve
- Mastery of Product, Process, Business Economics and Service Standards
- Excellent critical thinking, investigative and problem solving skills
- Business level impact understanding
- Demonstrates self awareness - seeks and acts on feedback, aware of personal strengths, and has mastery over personal thoughts, feelings
- Decision Quality - makes sound decisions/calls, relies on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment when making decisions.
- Situational Adaptability - picks up on situational cues and adjusts in the moment, and adapts personal, interpersonal, and leadership behavior.
- Customer Focus - anticipates customer needs and provides services that are beyond customers expectations, uses customer insights to drive and guide the development of solutions, and serves as a strategic partner to build, grow and maintain profitable and long-lasting relationships
- Optimizes Work Processes - identifies and creates the processes necessary to get work done and seeks ways to improve processes, from small tweaks to complete reengineering.
- Directs Work - provides appropriate guidance and direction based on people’s capabilities and service standards, holds self and others accountable for results, monitors progress by maintaining dialogue on work and results.
- Relationship: Builds Teams - establishes common objectives and shared mindset, creates a feeling of belonging and strong team morale, shares wins and rewards team efforts.
- Develops Talent - Develops others through coaching, feedback, exposure, stretch assignments, aligns employee career development goals with organizational objectives.
- Drives Engagement - empowers others and makes each person feel his/her contributions are important.
- Action Oriented- readily takes action on challenges, identifies and seizes new opportunities and displays a can-do attitude in good and bad times, and steps up to handle tough issues.
- Communicates effectively - is effective in a variety of communication settings, one-on-one, small, large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels, attentively listens to others and adjusts to fit the audience and the message. Provides timely and helpful information to others across the organization and encourages the open expression of diverse ideas and opinions
- Candidate must possess at least a bachelor’s degree of any course
- At least two (3) years of working experience as Team Manager/Lead in customer success, customer protection/fraud prevention or related field
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to recognize non-obvious patterns
- Excellent English communication skill both in speaking and writing
- Has the ability to multi-task and perform duties with high accuracy and strong degree of urgency with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to work in fast paced dynamic environments where decisions are made without compromising on customer experience and financial losses • Amenable to work on a shifting schedule and during declared holidays
- Demonstrate flexibility to work overtime hours based on business needs
- Process improvement and documentation experience