At Remitly, we help people around the world send over $6 billion around the globe inspired by our mission to accomplish our promise to immigrants to send money across the world. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. We want to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
About the Role:
We're searching for a London-based Human Resources Business Partner to join Remitly’s People team, reporting to our VP, Global HR, and aligning with our VP, Global Talent Acquisition (both Seattle-based) and our regional business leaders.
You will support multiple global corporate functions across our European locations and Singapore, to help employees and leaders promote engagement and improve results - which ultimately manifests as customer centricity.
Your responsibilities will vary from solving complex structural challenges, implementing people processes, and supporting regional recruiting efforts. You’ll play an important role in both the HR and the Recruiting team, demonstrating an understanding of every aspect of the business and acting as an expert regarding People and Organisational topics. You’ll lead people related strategies, projects, and programs in partnership with experts - building rhythm of the business outcomes. Primary focus areas: organisation effectiveness, performance management, employee relations, recruitment, and manager/leadership coaching.
What You'll Do:
- Help us scale our global structure
- Be a hands-on HRBP and Recruiter
- Localise for relevant regions and implement people programs, policies and procedures
- Provide expertise and leadership - translate business strategies into People Plans
- Coach employees and leaders with people and organisational challenges
- Support an inclusive and equitable culture
- Build effective partnerships across the People team and business groups
- Proactively use data to analyse outcomes and back proposals
Who You Are:
- A background of at least five years as an HR business partner, with a mix of experience in fast-growing technology companies and more established organisations.
- Able and willing to jump between the tactical and strategic aspects of this role, and balance the two.
- Strong knowledge of European, UK and AP labour laws, recruitment practices.
- Experience working with both technical and non-technical client groups and an understanding of the challenges within each group.
- A clear, and friendly style and proven experience as a trusted advisor.
- Experience implementing people programs including performance coaching, employee relations, compensation review process, HR compliance, and employee development/growth.
- Strong analytical and project management skills, proven ability to design clear processes, and a very detail-oriented yet flexible approach to problem solving.
- Experience working in a global organization and maturity to drive results in a matrixed business model.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Scholars program