At Boundless, we’re breaking down the barriers of the immigration system — and are hiring for a communications-focused Customer Success Advocate (posted as Customer Engagement Specialist) with a passion for engaging directly with customers all over the world via email and phone. You will thrive in this role if you’re energized by helping those in need and have the natural ability to simplify complex processes and systems for others.
In this role, during your first month, you will:
- Learn about the Boundless customer. Shadow the pre-customer experience, listen to customer calls, watch chats, and read support and help emails. Really understand what our immigrant families are confused about and what would be most helpful. Understand what forms and documents are required, how successful applications are put together, and what happens after an application is mailed off to the government.
- Learn about the family immigration and naturalization process. Read articles and reports outlining how the family-based immigration process works and talk to our in-house immigration law and policy experts about what families struggle through.
Within three months, you will:
- Work with customers from all over the world. Provide proactive communication to customers, answering all of their questions with clarity and empathy via email or phone.
- Become knowledgeable on the adjustment-of-status, consular processing, and naturalization product lines at Boundless. Read articles and reports outlining how the family-based immigration process works and talk to our in-house immigration law and policy experts about what families struggle through.
Within one year, you will:
- Scale your efforts to be more effective. Create processes and implement templates, guides, and tools that allow you to efficiently and effectively help all Boundless customers. Contribute to our customer knowledge base and support content.
- Grow professionally—and we’re here to help. We want Boundless to be a place of opportunity for our customers and our team. With constant communication, you will work closely with your manager to expand your professional skill set and try new things (e.g. become a better public speaker, contribute to content on the Boundless site, conduct a team training, etc.)
We are a growing team of passionate customer success professionals who are inspired through helping people maneuver the complex immigration system — our backgrounds vary from social good internships during college to customer success or non-profit coordination experience with approximately 1 to 4 years of professional work experience. In this role, we require you can clearly communicate in English both verbally and in writing (second, third, fourth languages are incredibly helpful as well!), and have the proven ability to help and collaborate with others.