- Architect, design, implement complex and document distributed services for storing data, scaling parallel algorithms, and communicating with a fleet of IoT devices
- Analyze fault-tolerance and high availability issues, performance and scale challenges, and solve them.
- Pinpoint problems, instrument relevant components as needed, and ultimately implement solutions.
- Understand tradeoffs between consistency, durability, and costs to build solutions that can meet the demands of rapidly growing services.
- Ensure operational readiness of the services and meet the commitments to our customers regarding availability and performance
- Write scalable services in Node.js, Python, Go and other high-level languages
- You’ll lead technical platform strategy and efforts for broad or complex requirements with insightful and forward-looking approaches that have an impact on an entire engineering function and solve large open-ended problems.
- You’ll set the vision for strategic development of methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for projects and programs across the engineering organization.
- You'll proactively identify and remedy communication gaps and issues to reach alignments for complex issues across diverse audiences and influence organizational goals and strategy.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Have significant experience (10+ years) in engineering scalable, multi-tenant environments
- Built and worked on complex distributed systems
- Professional experience with REST API design & development in a CI/CD environment.
- Experience with IoT devices integration a must
- Experience with third-party integrations a must (Alexa, Google)
- You have experience with Python, Node.js and/or Go.
- Experience a diverse array of infrastructure system: MongoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Memcached, RabbitMQ, Kafka
- Previous experience in either Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
- A deep understanding of design patterns
- 2+ years professional experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), and/or Azure.
- You are an excellent communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to senior leadership and other engineers is no problem for you.
- Eagerness to tackle big problems that have unknown solutions at the outset (most of what we do has never been solved before, there are no whitepapers, no road map, we are literally the pioneers).
- Natural inclination to demand rigor in everything you build, even while building fast and adapting plans as we grow.
- Inherent curiosity and ability to learn new technologies, plus the ability to figure out the best tools for a given problem.
- Focus on using data and objective, empirical methods to understand where we are and how to improve.
- Experience working on small, fast-moving, high capability teams.
- Experience designing and leading important systems software projects, using modern languages and technologies.
Owlet employees participate in quarterly evaluations that include:
- Performance feedback
- Behavioral feedback
- Training and development opportunities
- Manager feedback
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Flexible schedules
- Paid holidays
- Product discounts
- 401(k) Match
- Eligible for company-sponsored benefits package 1st day of the month following your hire date
Owlet Baby Care, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.