The role will be an integral part of the Finance and Accounting team. This is a cross functional role that will provide support to the Seattle Finance team and will serve as a back-up staff to the Manila Finance team. The role will act as a conduit in the sharing of best practices between Seattle and Manila Finance teams. The role will utilize various accounting tools and systems like NetSuite and FloQast.
- Process accounts payable invoices and billings that will be delegated by Seattle Finance.
- Identify issues with open payables timely and collaborate with the Seattle office to resolve the issues
- Process the monthly booking of the assigned payable and accrual accounts and ensure that the monthly accruals are accurately estimated
- Participate in the month-end close activities including recording journal entries and reconciling the assigned accounts and ensure completion of assigned tasks within the prescribed deadlines.
- Contribute to the team's success in meeting or exceeding the team Objectives and Key Results (OKRs).
- Act as the back-up in handling the MNL Finance functions by cross-training on the Finance Lead's duties and responsibilities that cover general accounting, accounts payable, cash management, financial reporting, tax administration, and budgeting.
- Ensure that internal controls over the payables process are designed and operating effectively.
- Graduate of Bachelor of Science in Accountancy, preferably a CPA.
- Preferably with at least 1-5 year work experience in a Finance related role
- Must be amenable in working in Mandaluyong City.
- Must be willing to work on an early morning shift (6:00 AM to 3:00 PM) if needed, or to attend early morning or late night Finance meetings as the need arises.
- High level of proficiency in the English language.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills