We started with the knowledge and insight of a veteran title and escrow team, paired them with tech industry leaders, and gave them a clean slate – to build what title and escrow should be. We invented sophisticated back-office technology to streamline our closing process, and ensure every customer receives the same high level of service, every time. Then we created real-time views into that system with our mobile apps and desktop portal, so there’s no guesswork or uncertainty.
Our approach is simple. Title and escrow has transaction data, documents, and contacts. We know the transaction status. Why not share them, in real time, so we’re all on the same page? The results speak for themselves – our customers are our biggest fans.
As a Software Development Engineer at JetClosing, you will use use state-of-the-art cloud and mobile technologies to capture and systematize every aspect of the real estate closing process, making it actionable, accountable, and transparent. You'll have the chance to blaze new trails in a rapidly growing business, do full-stack development in emerging technologies, work closely with customers, and make meaningful contributions to our products and architecture.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Build software within a small team that designs and develops our full technology stack, including a serverless AWS Lambda backend, data storage, APIs, web interfaces, and React Native mobile apps.
- Work with the team to design, review, and implement product features.
- Design and manage code and configuration deployment in the public cloud.
- Build for the future, not just to solve the immediate problem.
- Work side-by-side with experts in title and escrow to create scalable tools and processes.
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years of professional software development experience
- An ideal candidate has experience working on all aspects of a cloud-based applications, including:
- HTTP-based APIs and experience with server-side languages, such as Node.js, Python, Java, or C#
- Scalable storage solutions, such as DynamoDB, SQL Server, and S3, and writing SQL queries
- Modern cloud services like AWS Lambda, Kinesis, CloudFormation, and many others
- Strong object-oriented design, and building within component architectures like microservices
- JS-based web apps, HTML, CSS, and front-end build toolchains.
- Building systems to scale, identifying and anticipating system bottlenecks
- Source code management (Git, SVN, etc.)
- Experience in one or more of the following areas is desired:
- Building on top of AWS, and designing “serverless” architectures