At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $6 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. Our vision is to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
We're searching for a Tax Director to join Remitly’s Finance team, reporting to our VP, Corporate Controller. You are a motivated individual contributor who is excited by the opportunity to make a big impact in a fast-paced and scaling Company.
What You’ll Do
- Provide oversight and for overall company tax affairs, including compliance, accounting for income taxes, technical research, process improvement, and risk and controls assessment
- Develop and lead tax strategy goals
- Assess the tax impact of strategic initiatives in partnership with your internal partners
- Ensure compliance with US and international tax laws and regulations
- Identify tax risks and offer viable solutions to reduce the risks
- Ensure accounting for taxes in accordance with the relevant financial reporting framework
- Evaluate potential impact of tax legislation on the Company and recommend proper course of action
- Respond to tax audit inquiries including audits at the federal, state, local and foreign authorities
Who You Are:
- You have a bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or finance and 10+ years of professional experience in an accounting or finance role.
- Also bring a Master’s degree, or law degree
- Experience working in Public accounting or with a public company
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Scholars program