Position: Director of Project Management
Location: Lehi, UT (or remotely)
Do you want to contribute to a world changing, lifesaving movement? At Owlet, Project Managers are responsible for shepherding complex, one-of-a-kind products, through the development process. As the leader of the development team the Project Manager must be able to work across the Owlet’s organization to ensure that the Product requirements are achieved on time, on scope, and on budget. To achieve this the Project Manager must be able to lead the Scrum team to identify/address risks, manage 3rd party vendors, and keep the team focused.
The Director of Project Management is a key role in driving organizational effectiveness in service of Owlet’s business goals and mission. This person works across the organization to scope, plan, and deliver new products and new features for existing products. This person also works cross functionally to support product commercialization, contract manufacturing, process development, and continual improvement within the broader organization.
Owlet Baby Care is looking for someone like you and would be very interested in a discussion to talk about your drive in these areas. This position will report to the VP of Engineering.
- Manage the project management team: career management, coaching and mentoring
- Shows mastery of project management best practices and can mentor the organization and team on how best to solve project problems, drive accountability and promote collaboration
- Establish processes to streamline development, create predictable outcomes, and meet the needs of the organization.
- Understands how to guide teams through collaboratively scoping large features and projects and anticipate dependencies, risks and pitfalls
- Has experience managing a product through the feasibility phase of the product life cycle all the way to volume production
- Mentors project and cross-functional teams to explore the steps necessary to evaluate feasibility and planning before committing significant resource to development
- Guide project managers on surfacing top risks to project success and leading the cross functional team to mitigate identified risks
- Ensures that projects under the team’s purview are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Has subject matter expertise on multiple tools and keeps abreast of new tools that could be implemented to solve ongoing or systemic issues or limitations.
- Understands the limits of available tools and will seek to find both short term and long term solutions to those limitations for the organization
- Provides leadership and collaborates on initiatives within the Engineering organization
- Accountable for keeping the business informed on the status of product development, schedules and risks
- Surfaces critical conflicting priorities and provides recommendations to resolve them to Engineering and Organizational leadership
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related Engineering, Business, or other field of study
- Scrum master certification or 5+ years managing agile software development process
- 5+ years using and managing Atlassian toolset (JIRA, Confluence)
- 7+ years of equivalent relevant work experience in product or project mgmt.
- Experience managing a portfolio of projects with complex timelines, review processes, and cross functional teams
- An approachable mentor who is viewed as an expert and acts like one and encourages team accountability and collaboration
- Constructively challenges assumptions of the team and organization
- Ability to perform consistently under varying business pressure and conflicting priorities
- Adaptability in a fast paced engineering environment
- Articulate, analytical and inquisitive
You may also have:
- Developing iOT solutions
- Experience dealing with a medical device quality management system
- Record of bringing multiple hardware products from design phase to full production
- Experience managing 3rd party contract manufacturers building a consumer packaged good or medical product
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Flexible schedules
- Paid holidays
- Product discounts
- 401(k) program
- Eligible for company-sponsored benefits package 1st day of the month, following your hire date
Owlet Baby Care, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.