Location: Lehi, UT
What you will do:
We are looking for an experienced Canada Country Manager to spear-head the next stage of aggressive growth for Owlet in CA. Working in partnership with the corporate team in SLC and reporting to the VP of Sales (with a dotted line to the International team), this person will build, lead, develop and execute the CA Sales strategy across both our existing and future categories.
You’ll have the freedom to apply your initiative, expertise and experience to help us drive our business. This is a unique opportunity to join one of the most exciting tech start-ups in the world and shape how we define the next stage of our success.
- Builds, develops, and executes the Annual Sales Plan corporately and by retailer for Owlet's business that delivers on revenue and profit goals in line with the company channel strategy
- Manage customer development, sales analytics and forecasting needs
- Accountable for cost containment, sales growth, revenue and profit growth.
- Build customer relationships at multiple levels and facilitate connectivity in other functional areas including Marketing, Supply Chain, Communications and Operations.
- Recommend sales strategies for improvement based on market research and competitor analyses
- Develops and implements distribution strategies
- Manages multiple channel selling strategies and meets organizational expenditure requirements in conjunction with Marketing and Financial functions.
- High communication with the corporate HQ in SLC across all functions (Revenue, Marketing, Finance, Operations, Product) to ensure strategy and plans align with corporate strategic direction and there is a clear understanding of plans and pacing
- Communicate a monthly volume and distribution plan to achieve overall objectives in the market.
- Effectively negotiate retailer, partner, and distribution agreements
- Lead process for managing trade spend/customer programs in collaboration with Marketing and Finance
- Evaluate rolling forecast against annual plan on a monthly basis.
- Manage key national accounts: establish promotion calendars, new items, trade spend investment, post-promo analysis, and retail programs.
- Provide category management leadership and marketplace insights and analysis.
- Develop sales forecasts by channel by SKU
Sales Strategy & Plans
- Build the CA Sales plan for each category, working in partnership with internal functions and the Marketing team.
- Build, own and lead the CA Sales strategy for Owlet’s existing and future categories
- Sets the strategies and plans to meet or exceed CA / Corporate OKRs with a key focus on delivering the revenue, profit, and cash flow targets.
P&L / Financial Management
- Budget responsibility for all categories – remaining laser focused on ROI whilst driving our volume goals
- Work closely with the Finance team to ensure strong financial controls are in place and deliver a profitable marketing P&L
Research and Insight
- Review and analyze CA market and competitor trends in all categories and continue to drive an insight led plan
- Work in partnership with Marketing team to build and drive the CA distribution and retail plan
- Work in partnership with the Marketing team, Finance and Operations functions
- 5+ years’ experience in country management roles within a top-tier consumer-packaged goods company
- Bachelor’s degree with MBA highly preferred
- Working knowledge of key CA national accounts (e.g. Walmart, Best Buy, Babies R Us, etc) is essential
- Experience in working with start-ups is a plus
- Experience owning/running a category P&L and working with all functions across the business – marketing/operations/finance to drive the category agendas.
- Experience in launching new products successfully
- Experience working with Marketing teams to build out retail and trade marketing plans
- Go-getter attitude and commitment to driving forward conversations around baby safety and parental peace of mind
- Strong organizational and commercial skills
- High amount of travel to Canada
These Might Describe You
- Professional, enthusiastic, a solid team player and possess a drive for results.
- Great experience and a proven track record of delivering top and bottom-line results in a customer development capacity
- Being exceptionally insightful in influencing our product portfolio for next 1-2 years with our retail partners
- A model of collaborative behavior and execution in delivering great programming for the Owlet brand at retail (both online and offline)
- Strong interpersonal, written/oral communication and presentation skills
- Extremely organized, dependable and self-motivated with the ability to excel in a hands-on, fast paced environment
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the world around you
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
Owlet employees participate in quarterly evaluations that include:
- Performance feedback
- Behavioral feedback
- Training and development opportunities
- Manager feedback
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Flexible schedules
- Paid holidays
- Product discounts
- 401(k) program with company match
- Eligible for company-sponsored benefits package 1st day of the month, following your hire date
Owlet Baby Care, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.