We started with the knowledge and insight of a veteran title and escrow team, paired them with tech industry leaders, and gave them a clean slate – to build what title and escrow should be. We invented sophisticated back-office technology to streamline our closing process, and ensure every customer receives the same high level of service, every time. Then we created real-time views into that system with our mobile apps and desktop portal, so there’s no guesswork or uncertainty.
Our approach is simple. Title and escrow has transaction data, documents, and contacts. We know the transaction status. Why not share them, in real time, so we’re all on the same page? The results speak for themselves – our customers are our biggest fans.
The State Manager requires a blend of expertise in real estate and interpersonal management skills. This person will use their knowledge to motivate and coach our Relationship Managers to hit performance metrics and grow revenue in their assigned territory while delivering revenue goals for their own territories. Reporting directly to the VP of Sales, we want this person to grow into more leadership positions as JetClosing continues to grow in current markets and new markets.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Increase market penetration, as measured by number of orders and revenue and market share % within defined territory
- Create, maintain and cultivate business relationships resulting in an increased number of transactions
- Meet activity and revenue goals and objectives as established by management
- Create daily records of territory activity in the standard CRM system for JetClosing to continue improved customer service, company collaboration and organize your territory for sustainable growth in the future
- Conduct sales presentations one on one, to groups and over the web
- Create trust leading to continued referrals
- Prospect and generate new business opportunities over the telephone, networking and other sources
- Motivate and coach your team: conduct performance check-ins and coaching sessions at team and individual levels, spend time in the field shadowing team members, spot weaknesses and strengths amongst your team and deliver training and development, as needed.
- Manage the performance of your team: ensure that your team is held accountable to key performance metrics and hold regular 1:1’s to communicate information and develop skills of the team.
- Support recruiting and hiring of new Relationship Managers on your team and partner with JetClosing training team to onboard new employees.
- Develop, refine, and codify that portion of the sales process that is consistent across all industries: Activity levels, leveraging time, phone skills, pitch refinement, rapport building, discovery, active listening, closing skills.
- Regularly observe team in the act of selling and coach in areas of strengths and weaknesses.
- Establish with the VP of Sales; Sales objectives by creating a sales plan and quota for territories in support of national objectives.
- Maintain and expand customer base by counseling Relationship Managers; building and maintaining rapport with key customers; identifying new customer opportunities.
- Attend community engagement events to ensure a presence in the territory.
- Navigate the ambiguity of a start-environment and partner with other departments within JetClosing fluently.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports and submit findings to Senior Executives.
- Able to establish a cross-functional relationship with Operations as State Manager will be the point person for their market and Ops Team communication.
- Improvement of the following KPI’s, as determined by Senior Executives:
- Sales Specific
- Monthly Sales
- Percentage growth month over month growth, quarter over quarter
- Contextual Metrics
- Reducing sales cycle
- Cost of sales
- Opportunity win rate
- Efficiency Metrics
- Activity per RM vs. wins per RM
- Average follow up attempts
- Reduce RM ramp period
- Funnel Metrics
- Prospect to Contacted
- Contracted to Promising
- Promising to Directed Client
- Work directly with the VP of Sales to set sales strategies (short-term and long-term)
- Timely implementation of sales process improvements.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years as a Title Sales Rep
- Current average monthly revenue of $100K plus
- Vision to excel in a startup environment
- Ability to work with new disruptive Title & Escrow technology
- Real estate knowledge, product knowledge, familiarity with the agent ecosystem and third-party tools
- Phone skills, rapport building, discovery, active listening, closing skills
- Comfortable speaking and training in front of groups from 1 – 100
- Familiar and comfortable with CRM system. Logging all calls, correspondence and activities daily
- Experience with overcoming strong alliances with other service providers by building win-win relationships
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Drive for results and passion for coaching and mentoring direct reports.
- Proven history of building relationships with clients and team members.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.