At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $6 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. Our vision is to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
Remitly is hiring a Head of Business Management, DACH to join our team in helping to grow our European business. We are looking for an experienced, commercially minded, and entrepreneurial individual to join our team in Europe to drive growth in our core and emerging corridors. You will be developing and executing strategies across product, marketing, customer service and other functions and working with European and global functional teams.
This position will be based in Berlin, reporting to the VP of International. Travel across the region as well as regular travel to the UK/ Europe / Seattle is expected when it is safe ( subject to Government guidelines and company COVID policy).
Your will take responsibility for a wide scope of activities and actions including:
- Strategy - you will own the ongoing views about DACH market competition, market and customer trends, co-own competitive strategy within specific corridors and partner with the wider International team on execution
- Business Management - you will translate regional strategy into specific DACH corridor goals for all required actions across marketing, product, analytics and customer service requirements whilst working closely with the functions on action planning, execution, control, results evaluation and reiteration
- Operations - you will help drive operational excellence across all business areas, as well as organisational and business efficiencies to drive sustainable achievement of financial goals through effective partnering within the International office and Global matrix.
- Analytics - you will be expected to drive complex customer and market analysis to derive insights and develop strategic and executional plans across marketing, product, customer service, analytics and other functions. You will own your regional DACH send corridors key metrics and deliverables in line with European strategic plans.
- P&L - you will co-own customer funnel conversion and key business unit metrics and goals with the International organisation senior management and global key functions and help drive the local teams and the global stakeholders to perform towards achievement, while adhering to group ethics and values.
- Be a Partner - you will be an influential champion of the region/corridor related activities and plans. Be an active and inclusive member of the Remitly International team and you will take the lead on corridor initiatives and projects as needed, share best practices, collaborate and support work areas in other regions and functions.
- Business Development - you will be tasked to identify and develop new business opportunities and strategic partnerships and provide constructive feedback to all functions in support of continuous talent development.
Your skills, experience and knowledge will align with the following expectations:
- 5-7+ years of a successful track record of delivering in fast paced and entrepreneurial environments within the Fintech, consumer technology, strategy consulting or ecommerce industry sectors.
- Analytical individual with stakeholder management, business development and start-up experience, P&L ownership and passion for growth. Strong understanding of the DACH region.
- Experienced working in a global matrix organisation. Proven success working in fast growth international environments.
- Extremely self-motivated and curious - desire to understand the Remitly customer, and translate those learnings into strategies.
- Strong alignment to our mission and values
- Experience building an online business strategy and execution - combination of strategy/positioning, traffic acquisition programs, brand development work and product conversion improvement.
- Embrace a test-and-learn culture and data driven decision making.
- Strong grasp of drivers and mechanics for high transaction volume businesses and independent raw data analysis. You must be highly proficient in modelling and have a strong grasp of drivers and mechanics for high transaction volume businesses such as payments, FinTech, Ecommerce, gaming, and the like.
- an MBA or graduate degree in a quantitative discipline is highly desirable.
- Fluency in German and English is required for this position.
- Additional Polish, Romanian, Turkish language/communities knowledge is welcomed, but not required
- "Open leave" policy, subject to approval
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
- Travel benefit
- Learning benefit
- 3000+ free online courses available