Learning & Development Specialist
Passbook is the first digital bank for immigrants in the US. We believe that leaving home is hard enough and managing your money shouldn’t be, so we introduce the first digital banking solution with no fees, with no SSN required & for international use. Our vision is to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Passbook, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
We believe that a great customer service experience is the most powerful competitive advantage, and is so critical to our customers. We are here to scale our fast growing operations and become the best customer service organization.
As a L&D Specialist at Passbook you will effectively prepare our employees throughout their lifecycle, build the most customer centric training curricula to develop critical customer service skills, and ensure learning effectiveness at all learning stages. Also, you will partner closely with recruitment to ensure the hires profiles are appropriate for the role. It is fundamental that you develop relevant tactics for effective change management, allowing associates to embrace change seamlessly.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Change Management
- Understands change management and its principles
- Develops relevant change management framework and execute by holding others/self accountable
- Effectively measures and continuously improves on landing change
- Incorporates innovative ways to land change
- Partners with customer-facing teams to measure learning effectiveness, and when needed drives corrective actions.
- Knowledge Management
- Develops New Hire training curriculum for each functional unit using adult-learning principles, making learning interactive, deep in customer/product experience, and focused on reduced lead times.
- Drives execution of the learning curriculum
- Effectively measures associates learning curve, and provides action plans to shorten it.
- Develop a learning roadmap for employee lifecycle using dmaic methodology.
- Effectively drives leadership development by supporting Remitly Leadership Academy.
- Promotes micro-learning sessions to effectively develop controllers’ customer service skills.
- Instills curiosity by successfully training employees in innovative thinking.
- Coordinates e-learning content creation that supports the overall learning strategy.
- Mastery of Remitly Cultural Values:
- Has passion and experience demonstrating key cultural values:
- Sweat the details
- Data driven
- Customer Centricity
- Constructively Direct
- Continuously improve
- Hire and Develop Exceptional People
- Strategic thinking - Develops and executes a learning strategy that scales.
- Project Management Skills - Delivers learning projects timely, and uses structured frameworks to drive business outcomes.
- Attention to detail - Every detail of the learning process is critical. Flawlessly maps the learning lifecycle of an associate and determines relevant content that allows the organization to be consistent on product, customer service, innovation, and leadership.
- Situational Leadership - Passionate about people and fascinated by their development.
- Change Management - Understands the change management process and its critical phases, and incorporates actions in every learning event to guarantee change landing.
- Innovation & Digital Literacy - Drive new innovative ways to deliver training with higher success rates.
- Action Oriented- readily takes action on challenges, identifies and seizes new opportunities and displays a can-do attitude in good and bad times, and steps up to handle tough issues.
- Collaborates - works cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives, partners with others to get work done.
- Bachelor Degree in Education or related fields. or Minimum 2 years experience.
- Exceptional analytical and critical problem solving skills
- Process improvement and documentation experience.
- Effective time management skills
- Flexibility to work and learn independently
- Adaptability to a fast-paced and evolving environment