At Remitly, we help people around the world send over $6 billion around the globe inspired by our mission to accomplish our promise to immigrants to send money across the world. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. We want to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
As an Engineering Manager at Remitly, you'll report to a Director and manage a team of engineers, with a focus on their development and leading the team to high-quality delivery with a multi-quarter outlook. You’ll set a long-term vision, directing the team to make sound engineering decisions and appropriate tradeoffs between shipping code and technical investments. As a senior member of our engineering staff, you should reflect a growth and improvement mindset. Most of all, you should care about our customers and view great engineering as an avenue to reliably provide customer value.
As the manager of the Transaction Engineering team, you’ll lead projects to:
- Modernize our core money transfer orchestration system, increasing its adaptability, observability, and reliability.
- Rearchitect core backend systems to increase their flexibility and scalability with a multi-year outlook.
- Abstract core domains to more easily allow the introduction of new business use cases and products.
- You’ll lead the delivery of complex projects that involve multiple teams and systems across Remitly.
- You’ll build frameworks and processes that empower the team to operate autonomously and make independent decisions.
- You’ll create a positive and rewarding environment for the team.
- You’ll lead hiring for the team, sourcing and interviewing a diverse set of candidates.
- You'll mentor more junior engineers and managers, helping them grow and improve their careers.
- A BS in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
- 8+ years of experience with software development practices.
- 2+ years of experience leading system design/architecture across teams.
- 2+ years of experience leading technical teams.
- Expertise in one or more general purpose programming languages like Java or Go.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Scholars program