We, Team Remitly, are a digital international money transfer company united through our mission - to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. We've helped our customers send nearly $7 billion globally and we're just getting started. Your work matters, every day.
Remitly’s CTAP is core to our business. We are responsible for all the accounting and reconciliation for every single customer transaction, globally, that runs through our systems. As a senior accountant on the CTAP Accounting team, you will be a key contributor to the company’s financial statements by supporting the month-end close process, investigating money movement across Remitly’s products, managing curated datasets, key business metrics, and reporting.
What you’ll be doing:
- Be a key contributor, leveraging technical accounting knowledge in order to serve as the subject matter expert on the Order to Cash process, which includes proper accounting and analyses of revenue, cost of sales, cash, customer incentives, customer receivables and liabilities, foreign exchange transactions, and reserve estimates
- Support the month-end close process of creating and booking Journal Entries, including analysis of trends, outliers, and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
- Own large projects and analysis to ensure that account balances are accurate, complete, and account activity is current/not significantly aged by assisting with establishing and maintaining a framework to monitor, investigate, resolve and/or write off aged items
- Other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance and 3+ years of experience in an accounting or similar role
- CPA strongly preferred
- Experience working in NetSuite preferred
- Familiarity with data manipulation using tools such as Excel
- Experience in analyzing and working with large data sets
- Proficiency in SQL preferred
- Self-starter who works well in a fast-paced, ambiguous and rapidly-changing environment
- Tenaciously follows through on our commitments, no matter how small
- Curiosity and strong ability to dive into details and drive insights from data; understanding not only what is happening but why it is happening
- Great attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly proficient with the English language
Who we are:
Remitly is a group of passionate people working to make international payments easier and more transparent on both the web and mobile devices. We are seeking team members to join us that want to make a difference and change an industry. We pride ourselves on aiming high and delivering results, data being at the heart of everything we do, and encouraging our team to own business decisions and outcomes. Sound like the place for you? Join us.