Skilljar is seeking a Customer Success Manager to join our growing CS team. The Customer Success department at Skilljar goes above and beyond to ensure our customers are successful. In this role, you will leverage your account management skills to foster strong relationships in order to ensure clients achieve their business goals.
We’re looking for a motivated, self-starter who is comfortable wearing multiple hats and thrives in a dynamic environment. You must be nimble, highly-collaborative, and able to think on your feet. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly accelerating startup that has dozens of Fortune 1000 and mid-market clients on its roster.
- Proactively manage customer relationships from launch hand-off through renewal and the entire lifecycle of the customer.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of each customer’s business goals, initiatives, and use cases to support their short and long term business goals based on their unique use cases.
- Lead Quarterly Business Reviews to consult on strategic initiatives, provide guidance on program strategy, and review training metrics.
- Develop strong relationships with customers as their trusted advisor throughout their entire lifecycle to create customer advocates/champions.
- Act as an ongoing Program Manager and provide subscriptive guidance on how Skilljar can be leveraged to meet and exceed business goals.
- Monitor the customer’s progress towards achieving their KPI’s.
- Diagnose root causes and recommend corrective actions, if the customer is not achieving KPI targets.
- Partner with a dedicated Account Manager to drive adoption and renewals through regular quarterly account reviews and business planning.
- Align customer’s program roadmap with Skilljar’s product development roadmap to ensure success.
- Collect customer product requests and contribute to agile prioritization through Skilljar’s development process. Provide ongoing recommendations and serve as the voice of the customer to internal teams.
- At least 2 years in a customer success or account management role, preferably in an enterprise SaaS environment.
- Experience managing ~40-50 strategic SMB accounts at a time.
- Proven ability to interact with and drive projects at C-level, VP, and Director client levels, collaborate with customers, and to set and manage expectations.
- Strong knowledge of technical concepts to provide high-level guidance with implementation and solutions.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a broad range of external and internal teams.
- Ability to communicate effectively via phone, web conference, and in writing.
- Understanding of enterprise-level information systems (ERP, CRM, etc)
- Ability to thrive in a highly ambiguous environment. Startup experience a major plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent years of relevant experience required.
- US work authorization and criminal background check are required.
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, and Trilogy Equity Partners, Skilljar is the leading enterprise customer training platform, transforming the way organizations onboard, engage, and retain their customers. Trusted by leading global companies like Zillow, Slack, Tableau, Liberty Mutual, Cisco, Verizon, and U-Haul, Skilljar provides the essential tools and foundation for successful customer and partner engagement and enablement.
We are a team of bright, dedicated Skillets with startup drive and a passion for education. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, Skilljar is currently operating remotely, with employees based in Washington, Oregon, California, and Colorado.