At Boundless, we’re breaking down the barriers of the immigration system — and are hiring for a Customer Support Associate to provide day-to-day communication with customers around the Boundless process. This role will support our Customer Success Advocates by following up on customer voicemail and missed calls outside of business hours, and covering inbound chat from customers inquiring about status updates or difficulty maneuvering through our online system. This is a great early-in-career opportunity to learn more about family immigration and the Boundless process — and ultimately transition to being a Customer Success Advocate with the team.
In this role, during your first month you will:
- Onboard — shadow and learn the customer journey. You will read Boundless articles and blogs, learning the ins-and-outs of the family-based immigration process. Within a few weeks, you will shadow teammates on customer chat, inbound calls, and general email exchange to better understand the customer journey.
- Connect directly with Boundless customers. Towards the end of your first month, you will be helping customers by responding to live chats, as well as inbound emails and phone calls with a focus on answering process-related and timeline questions.
Within three months, you will:
- Proactively reach out to customers on a regular basis. As you become more familiar with the Boundless process and needs of our customers, you will focus on creating a proactive customer experience by reaching out to resolve previous engagements or provide updates in timeline if applicable.
Start making suggestions on how to improve the customer experience. Working with the Customer Success Advocates, you will provide insight and recommendations of how to continuously improve our customer experience.
- Make a mistake! With scale and experimentation, comes mistakes. You will follow our operational process to recover from the mistake, have a blameless learning session about the root cause of issue, and implement action items for us not to repeat the same mistake in the future.
Within a year, you will:
- Help us build and scale our processes. As a member of the customer success team, you will be communicating with a breadth of customers on their issues and questions, and will use that knowledge to help improve our processes as we scale.
- Start taking on your own book of customers. Strongly familiar with the Boundless process and customer needs, you will start to transition into a Customer Success Advocate position and take on your own dedicated customer base.
- Grow professionally—and we’re here to help. We want Boundless to be a place of opportunity for our customers and our team. With constant communication, you will work closely with your manager to expand your professional skill set and try new things (e.g. become a better public speaker, contribute to content on the Boundless site, conduct a team training, etc.)