At Boundless, we’re breaking down the barriers of the immigration system. We are looking for an experienced, curious, and detail-oriented Accounting Manager to be the first ever member of our accounting team. This person will have broad ownership over all accounting activities and own the timely preparation of our financial statements to provide transparency into performance against our business and customer goals. We are looking for someone with a growth mindset who is excited to evolve and scale operational finance processes at a high-growth tech startup with SaaS characteristics. This role currently reports directly into our VP of Finance.
During your first three months, you will:
- Prepare our monthly consolidated financial statements and working papers consistent with US GAAP
- Prepare journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations
- Propose and support new cross-functional processes to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting
- Lead key cash flow activities including AP and payroll
Within your first year, you will:
- Conduct technical accounting research
- Evaluate, evolve, enforce our expense policy
- Support the preparation of financial commentary and analysis
- Support on tax forms/filing
- Evaluate and implement tools to support scalable financial operations
About this position:
Having a solid command of U.S. GAAP, strong analytical skills, and familiarity with SaaS revenue recognition concepts will make you especially successful in this role. Experience with and/or interest in learning complex Excel formulas is essential. CPA preferred.