At Boundless, we’re breaking down the barriers of the immigration system — and are hiring for a Head of Customer Operations whose passion for customer success and operational processes meet at the 30,000 foot and three foot levels (aka, you've got that strategic perspective but also love to get hands-on). The core of our mission is being able to produce immigration applications as quickly as possible that also have the highest chance of being approved. As Head of Customer Operations, you'll be a critical leader in balancing these inherent, challenging tradeoffs. You'll solve problems such as: how we deliver a world-class service while operating under the constraints of a fast-growing startup, how we transform the post-payment customer experience into a referral and growth engine, and how we balance customer experience, employee experience, and company goals.
In this role, during your first three months, you will:
- Learn about the Boundless customer. Shadow the customer experience, listen to customer calls, watch chats, and read support and help emails. Really understand what our immigrant families are confused about and what would be most helpful.
- Learn about the immigration and Boundless’ process. Read articles and reports outlining how the family-based immigration process works and talk to our in-house immigration law and policy experts about what families struggle through. Shadow the customer operations team. Understand what forms and documents are required, how successful applications are put together, and what happens after an application is mailed off to the government.
- Own the KPIs for the function. Develop the right metrics and OKRs for the customer operations function and oversee the set of in-flight initiatives from the product team to improve the customer operations process.
Within the first year, you will:
- Develop, implement, and oversee the organization structure. You may have team members in multiple states and countries. FTEs, contractors, and offshore partners. Come up with how the organization structure should best work in our post-COVID world, test hypotheses, and thoughtfully implement the appropriate portfolio.
- Set up our operations function to scale. We are planning for 20x growth over the next three years. How will we be able to successfully support that scale? Own the product and process roadmap and work with the product function to execute. Identify and implement the required tools appropriate at each stage of growth.
- Represent the voice of the customer. You will integrate the customer experience and customer needs into decisions we make around new product and service offerings, and improving the existing product.
Table stakes for the role are a love of poring through data to glean insights, an intrinsic passion for finding process inefficiencies and fixing them, a natural ability to lead people at a variety of levels and functions, and a demonstrated history of high achievement.
Please note — this position is located in Seattle, WA.