Position: Mobile Director
Location: Lehi, UT / Remote
Are you ready to work for a high-growth company making a huge impact in the lives of parents and babies around the world? Owlet Baby Care, the award-winning startup that transformed the baby industry in 2015 with its first-of-its-kind Smart Sock baby monitor, is seeking a Mobile Director.
In this role you’ll have the opportunity to manage the development of state-of-the-art mobile applications which are used by parents all over the world everyday.
You will collaborate with other engineering directors to build a world class engineering organization. You will be reporting directly to the VP of Engineering.
Drive the direction & execution of our mobile function and strategy across all mobile products on both Android and iOS platforms.
- Drive improvement of the platforms and the mobile organization through metrics.
- Advocate for code quality, new technologies, and architectural design within the company.
- As a member of the leadership team, work with peers to help define and execute on the overall software technology strategy.
- Hire and scale the development team, recruiting top-notch customer-driven engineers, coaching them for success, and challenging them to perform at a high level.
- Work with the Engineering team to continuously refine and improve our software development and delivery process, leading to measurable improvement in velocity, predictability, responsiveness, and quality.
- Bring projects across the line against all odds.
- Partner with Product, Development and other supporting teams in developing and implementing a consistent and reliable product delivery and support processes.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- You understand native mobile application development, testing strategies, and app store operations.
- You have a track record of managing and developing high-performing, inclusive, and mission-driven teams.
- You have a track record shipping better and better mobile applications.
- You are obsessed with metrics: you measure, analyze and take actions.
- You worked across engineering organizations to drive efficient and effective processes and tools for development, testing, continuous integration, deployment, etc.
- You have the experience hiring, building, coaching and leading an extraordinary development organization.
- Proven at leading teams through change and resolving interpersonal issues with clarity and integrity.
- You have delivered solutions for iOT devices and/or solutions using bluetooth connectivity.
- Strong architecture skills and technology knowledge. You can lead and participate in architecture, design and technology discussions. You have a point of view and can facilitate the process of resolving ambitious technical and architectural issues within and across groups.
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Flexible schedules
- Paid holidays
- Product discounts
- 401(k) program
- Eligible for company-sponsored benefits package 1st day of the month, following your hire date
Owlet Baby Care, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
**Please provide a PDF version of your resume.